What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 heating up

paigemoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi , so I just bought the IPad 2 the other day and and just realized now that the left side is heating up and the back of it is to. , now it isn't very hot but very warm. What should I do ? Take it back to staples or don't worry about it ? And why is it doing this ?

otentique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you should take your ipad back to the store where ypu bpught it from.
Really, the ipad shouldnt do what you had said here.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you should take your ipad back to the store where ypu bpught it from.
Really, the ipad shouldnt do what you had said here.
This is perfectly normal. The bottom left is where the processor chip is, so it is normal for that area to heat up.

OP
P

paigemoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
This is perfectly normal. The bottom left is where the processor chip is, so it is normal for that area to heat up.

Will it like calm down? And get normal again ? (not hot)

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will it like calm down? And get normal again ? (not hot)
Well, if you let it sit for a while, it'll cool down, but once you start using it again, it may heat up again. Double tap the home button, and press and hold an app icon. Tap the little - next to all apps. This might cut down on the heat if you have a lot of apps open. Closing apps dramatically increases available RAM, therefore not making the processor work as hard and generate as much heat.

OP
P

paigemoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Well, if you let it sit for a while, it'll cool down, but once you start using it again, it may heat up again. Double tap the home button, and press and hold an app icon. Tap the little - next to all apps. This might cut down on the heat if you have a lot of apps open. Closing apps dramatically increases available RAM, therefore not making the processor work as hard and generate as much heat.

Okay, I only had 10 apps running so what if it doesn't leant cool down should I take it back ?

OP
P

paigemoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Were you playing games? This will heat up the iPad. Also, is it plugged in? Charging iPads tend to heat up faster.

Yes I am playing a game I'm playing the supermarket mania game it is plugged In charging

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In addition to the advice Goofy has already provided, setting your screen brightness down to 50%, and turn off auto brightness, will reduce heating up and keeps your battery charged longer.

Most reactions

Latest posts