What's new

Ipad4 charging

terrano47

iPF Noob
Joined
May 28, 2013
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
Margate England
Hi all sometimes my iPad 4 won't charge then when I plug it in again it does what's the problem,also when I plug the charging cable in it says not compatible with this iPad
 
Thanks for that

Hi Terrano47 - well, I would say that you need to 'isolate' the problem. First, are you using the 'stock' charger that came w/ your iPad? If not, then specifically what charger/cord are you using? Second, I'd have to agree w/ Kay......, if indeed this is the Apple charger, you need to determine if the problem is w/ the charger, the connection cord, your iPad dock, or the iPad itself - thus, trying the charger/cord on another iPad or another 'good' charger/cord on your iPad would test these options. Good luck and let us know your results? :)
 
And to add - ensure you are using main electrical power to charge the iPad. It will charge eventually (after a LONG time!) using the USB port on a computer, but it will say its not charging and, again, take a long time if you leave it.

Just so's you know.

Marilyn
 
Hi Terrano47 - well, I would say that you need to 'isolate' the problem. First, are you using the 'stock' charger that came w/ your iPad? If not, then specifically what charger/cord are you using? Second, I'd have to agree w/ Kay......, if indeed this is the Apple charger, you need to determine if the problem is w/ the charger, the connection cord, your iPad dock, or the iPad itself - thus, trying the charger/cord on another iPad or another 'good' charger/cord on your iPad would test these options. Good luck and let us know your results? :)

Thank you I did get a longer cable from eBay as the one supplied is only a metre long I swapped back to the supplied one and it works fine thank you again
 
Thank you I did get a longer cable from eBay as the one supplied is only a metre long I swapped back to the supplied one and it works fine thank you again

Hi Terrano - so, you were using a longer 3rd party cable (not mentioned in your OP - would have help) - there have been a number of threads here about using inexpensive 3rd party and/or longer (e.g. 6 ft.) charging cables on the iPad (ONE HERE) - this seems to often be a frustrating experience for many, e.g. just check out these longer cables on Amazon and read the negative reviews, such as HERE. My suggestion is to pick a cable w/ excellent reviews or check the Apple store - yes, likely to cost more but worth the price - also, an extension cord can be used - good luck and hope that you find a successful solution. Dave :)
 
Hi Terrano - so, you were using a longer 3rd party cable (not mentioned in your OP - would have help) - there have been a number of threads here about using inexpensive 3rd party and/or longer (e.g. 6 ft.) charging cables on the iPad (ONE HERE) - this seems to often be a frustrating experience for many, e.g. just check out these longer cables on Amazon and read the negative reviews, such as HERE. My suggestion is to pick a cable w/ excellent reviews or check the Apple store - yes, likely to cost more but worth the price - also, an extension cord can be used - good luck and hope that you find a successful solution. Dave :)

Thank you for that Dave we all try to cut corners with prices so I've learnt my lesson thank you

Barry
 
Thank you for that Dave we all try to cut corners with prices so I've learnt my lesson thank you - Barry

Hi Barry - well, I'm as guilty as the next person! :o But, just wanted others to be aware of the potential problems - Dave :)
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom