What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 4 , often now, when connected to charger will not charge, no lightning symbol !

zvonkokracun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, since about 2 weeks charging has become difficult. sometimes when connected it will not show the lightning charge symbol top right corner and it also does not make that sound when you first plug in the charger. often it goes down to between 10 and 20 % then suddenly it charges again. it is problematic if i want to be out for the whole day and i can not charge. so far i tried to clean 8 pin contacts, reset the ipad to original settings, changed cable, chose many different sockets. no use. have other people had to change the charger itself ? also what is the proceedure to get a new charger. my ipad4 is less than 6 months old. no apple shop near.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi, since about 2 weeks charging has become difficult. sometimes when connected it will not show the lightning charge symbol top right corner and it also does not make that sound when you first plug in the charger. often it goes down to between 10 and 20 % then suddenly it charges again. it is problematic if i want to be out for the whole day and i can not charge. so far i tried to clean 8 pin contacts, reset the ipad to original settings, changed cable, chose many different sockets. no use. have other people had to change the charger itself ? also what is the proceedure to get a new charger. my ipad4 is less than 6 months old. no apple shop near.

I had a similar problem some days before. The iPad would not charge and then, when I would slightly push the 30 pin plug (for iPad 3), a lightning charger for you, it would again start charging. I recommend you to go to the Apple store ( I dont think there is any way to work it out from home), get another charger, see if it is charging. That way you can understand if it is a problem with the charger or iPad.

Good luck! Welcome to iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts