What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY ipad3 keeps shutting down while I'm on the Internet, safari the latest one three times on the trot.Can anyone help I'm getting frustrated, thanks in advance Tim

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not normal for an iPad to shut down. Are you saying it is turning off? Is this only happening when you are on the Internet and no other time at all? This sounds strange indeed. Can you give more details? What exactly are you doing? What website? Is it really just going off? You have to phyiscally turn it back on?

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY ipad3 keeps shutting down while I'm on the Internet, safari the latest one three times on the trot.Can anyone help I'm getting frustrated, thanks in advance Tim

I would like to know what you mean by shut down?

Sent from my iPad 4G

OP
timg

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just that, when I'm on a web site it just shuts unexpectedly , just happen again 3 times , why ?
Tim

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
timg said:
Just that, when I'm on a web site it just shuts unexpectedly , just happen again 3 times , why ?
Tim

Something is wrong with it. I suggest you take it to an apple store if possible.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it go through a full startup with the white apple logo on the black screen afterwards or does it come back instantly?

Again what do you mean shutting down?

OP
timg

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Something is wrong with it. I suggest you take it to an apple store if possible.

Him
Thanks will do when I get back in the UK, just been on Internet &been doing it again.

Tim

OP
timg

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Does it go through a full startup with the white apple logo on the black screen afterwards or does it come back instantly?

Again what do you mean shutting down?

Hi
I am on the Internet with safari & on a site I use , it then shuts down, just the Internet page & I am back to the page. With the my home screen.
Thanks Tim

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
timg said:
Hi
I am on the Internet with safari & on a site I use , it then shuts down, just the Internet page & I am back to the page. With the my home screen.
Thanks Tim

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, let us know how you go.

OP
timg

timg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, let us know how you go.

Cheers will do
Tim

fernan1870

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Last weekend, playing videos with BUZZ Player HD, eventually for three times occurred my iPad 3 was frozen, ...all completely frozen, I had to press home buttons and start buttons at same time for restart...

I don´t know if this is related with this issue.

Regards
[h=1][/h]

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
fernan1870 said:
Hi,

Last weekend, playing videos with BUZZ Player HD, eventually for three times occurred my iPad 3 was frozen, ...all completely frozen, I had to press home buttons and start buttons at same time for restart...

I don´t know if this is related with this issue.

Regards
[h=1][/h]

Sometimes apps just play up and the first step is always to close the offending app completely and then relaunch it. If that does not work Step 2 is to restart your iPad which is done by holding the power button in until the slide to power off appears, slide this and your ipad will turn off. Step 3 is a reset of your iPad, which if you have pressed both power button and home button simultaneously is what you have done here. Much better to do it in this order though. Enjoy!

Most reactions