What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it really off?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe this sounds a bit silly but here goes:
I have Skype on my iPad3, and numerous times I will hear a phone call coming in that is SPAM over Skype. This of course happens when I'm way at the other end of the house and have to run run run to catch the call, only to find frustration.
Question: Is Skype running in the background even though I've never turned it on since the previous power-down? Related... I've noticed when I do that selective shut-down of apps (multi-finger up-swipe) that many apps are listed as running that I've never used.
What's Up?

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kippyw said:
Maybe this sounds a bit silly but here goes:
I have Skype on my iPad3, and numerous times I will hear a phone call coming in that is SPAM over Skype. This of course happens when I'm way at the other end of the house and have to run run run to catch the call, only to find frustration.
Question: Is Skype running in the background even though I've never turned it on since the previous power-down? Related... I've noticed when I do that selective shut-down of apps (multi-finger up-swipe) that many apps are listed as running that I've never used.
What's Up?

Hi kippyw,
Hold your finger on any one of those apps, until they wiggle n jiggle about, then tap the red circle to physically close them from running in the background.
Also you have to turn off the Push notification in Settings for those particular apps you don't want to be notified of.
This simple action will also conserve battery usage.

Hope that helps

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts