What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3 Video Formats ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Was just wondering about this, and thought I'd run it by all you experts.
A bit confusing for me.

Have videos taken by camera in a high resolution.
Camera saves them, and I can download them to my Windows7 PC, in AVCHD format.

But, apparently the iPad3 can only work with (much) lower resolution formats like .mov, .mp4, .m4v, and .avi

I've been told that the Samsung Tablet, and the Androids have no problem with the higher resolution formats ?
True ?

And, that you needn't even have to download to the device; that you can see them directly right from the camera's SD card, which the iPad3 won't allow. True ?

So how come, the iPad3 can't do the above (if true ?).
Any rumors as to updates to the Video on the iPad ?

Any work-a-rounds to allow one to use the high resolution camera files on the iPad, without having to "convert" them to a lower resolution e.g., mp4, format first ? A real pain.

Bob

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a search on airplayit. It would stream your video from a pc or Mac to your iPad so you don't have to convert the video format.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To clarify some things

.mov m4v .mp4 are no formats. They are containers. So it could be lowres or full hd videos. The iPad3 can record and playback 1080p full HD videos.
If you want to know what the iPad supports go to the Apple website and check the video format specs.

Most reactions

Latest posts