What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3 battery draining fast? anybody have this problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my new iPad (64, wifi and 4G) since Friday, I have charged it almost every day. It was showing 100% yesterday when I went out to Starbucks and connected to their wifi to get my emails and searched the web for around 20 min, I do not have ATT subscription yet, I can only use it on wifi, however after 1.30-2 hours of working on it mainly getting and replying to emails (heavy emails), plus downloading NoteShelf that took a while to download, the battery showed like 50% after 2 hours, I'm surprised, I even did not view videos or played games and so on, I did work on Noteshelf for 20 min or so trying to get to see how it works.
I'm not sure what is going on, how come they say battery life is 9-10 hours, I can't see this happening to my iPad, can you please post what is your battery life and what things drain the battery fast?
I tend to keep the screen brightness high as I have bad eyes and hate dark stuff, my iPhone, Mac pro and now iPad all set to medium to high brightness, I feel depressed with lower light, LOL :)

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange. I do not have this problem at all. In fact I decided to do a full battery cycle on my new iPad and it took for ever for it to drain. I did a normal days use with it then left my slingbox app running and it still wasn't dead by morning.

harveyronn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadhut.co.uk
Strength to listen, I never face this problem yet now with my ipad battery. It causes perhaps your battery's life over or it affected with some interruptions. I charged my ipad when it need for charging, avoid to charge it in the off mode.

Ehan01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having this exact same problem. My battery drains to 50% in just 2.5 hours. I have an iPad 2 as well, and it lasts twice as long as my new iPad when I do the same kinds of things on it. I am at an Apple Store right now trying to get this resolved. I will report on the results.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This issue is discussed in the iPad 3 forum. I am going to close this thread instead of adding it to the several others there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts