What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 owners, any general issues?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm one of those suckers who loves new gadgets, especially the iPads. I currently have an iPad original, but the specs and cams of the second one are really tempting me. Though there are a few turnoffs, mainly the bleeding screen and no jailbreak. Are there any other major issues that the iPad 2 may have that you've noticed?

Also, did they ever address the bleeding screen issue? Or are the ipad2s still being ordered have a bleeding screen?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Not on mine.

Yup, no JB, but I never JB anyway. Bleeding screen? A small bit on mine, but hardly noticeable unless pointed pit, and not worth the headache over.

Biggest issue my ipad2 gives me? Grief off my wife for not giving her number 1 attention anymore.

Its more than I ever hoped for. Had it 2-3 months and still loving every single second I spend on it.

My only gripe if any? I type so fast that after I type a load of text and read it back, if i made a typo the iPad self corrects in the most irritating ways. Yes, I can switch off self correction, but id be in an even worse state then. Actually, this is my problem, not the iPads fault.

Last edited:

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have three in our family, all 64 gb wifi. None of us have experienced any bleeding or any other issues. Only problem is that they are addictive and we cannot put them down.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for roughly 3 weeks and have absolutely no complaints (no backlight bleeding either!) And never fear about the jb - I'm certain there's something on the horizon (have a look in the hacking section, you'll find more info there.)

As with sjleworthy, the only issue is with my other half - there really should be a support group for iPad widows/widowers. ;)

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bleeding screen? Sounds painful. I've had mine for about 6 weeks and love it. Screen is perfect. I did have it acting up once. A simple reboot and I was back in business. It's a computer after all. ;)

trezramos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think no JB is a turnoff, hackers will always find their way. BTW, i also got my ipad2, just 16gb wifi model, used for schooling purposes only, and have a small bit of screen bleeding but hardly noticeably, that's why i think it's not worth it to return it to Apple.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two here, 64/3G. No issues, other than the fact that they're so great they're hard to put down. Had a Xoom before...did not feel that way about it... :(

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only gripe if any? I type so fast that after I type a load of text and read it back, if i made a typo the iPad self corrects in the most irritating ways. Yes, I can switch off self correction, but id be in an even worse state then. Actually, this is my problem, not the iPads fault.

Actually, that definitely IS the iPads fault.

My ipad2 has by FAR and away the worst word prediction/spelling correction of any device I own. The "smart keyboards" in my android devices are so superior to the iPad KB it is absolutely night and day.

viningc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest complaint is the small active touch area required for certain actions. One of the first things I did was DL several different free Apps to use in helping me learn the UI and it is never intuitive exactly where you should tap the screen to activate whatever the current program needs. All to often, I end up scrolling the screen instead of initiating some action.

I have no problems with my wife, as I got her one too. ;)

vrpgames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great device

I've got iPad and iPad2. Great devices but iPad2 rocks. I've never had any issues.

GypsyCruiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had mine for a week now and I can happily say....I have not had any issues with my new baby. I just love it!

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for nearly 2 weeks and haven't noticed any bleeding on it. I love my iPad 2 ya the best bit of kit I have ever had

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a ton of time on many Android devices and now about a month on the iPad2, I have to agree very much with the post below. It is probably the one issue where *in my opinion* Android is ahead of the iOS devices. Gimme my SwiftKey app, pleeeeeze. :)

Actually, that definitely IS the iPads fault.

My ipad2 has by FAR and away the worst word prediction/spelling correction of any device I own. The "smart keyboards" in my android devices are so superior to the iPad KB it is absolutely night and day.

Most reactions