What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 screen question.

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked closely at my friends iPad2s screen and my new iPad4s screen, and I can't see any difference. Except my iPad4 can zoom a photo a little bigger on my iPad4.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
runningbear29 said:
I have looked closely at my friends iPad2s screen and my new iPad4s screen, and I can't see any difference. Except my iPad4 can zoom a photo a little bigger on my iPad4.

The iPad 4 has 4 times the resolution of the iPad 2. Try viewing a page containing small print on both iPads, the difference should be quite apparent.

OP
R

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 4 has 4 times the resolution of the iPad 2. Try viewing a page containing small print on both iPads, the difference should be quite apparent.

I will do this the next time he comes over, but comparing a picture in the iPad2 against the same picture in my iPad4, I sure was surprised at how they looked so much the same in both sharpness and in their colors.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's 4 times the number of pixels, but only twice the resolution. But you are correct about text, that's where the biggest difference between the 2 screens lies.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son has a 1st gen & I have a 3. In pics and video and games, you really can't tell the difference in his display vs mine. My screen seems a bit more "bright", so I would attribute that to the clarity difference in retina vs reg. But on text pages or websites, the difference is definitely noticeable. I had a 2 before I got my 3 and I thought the font was different or something, it was so noticeable of a change.

Most reactions