What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 not charging except when completely shut down

steenmetz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

New here, but with a problem. I have an iPad2 which stopped charging through the USB, and will only charge when completely shut down and connected to the wall charger. Also, none of the iTunes on either PC or new MacBook will recognize the iPad2. There are three litte dents in the corners (after my son dropped the iPad), but I cannot believe that such a small dent will completely incapacitate the iPad.

I brought it to the Apple store and although they said that it would not be covered under warranty, I still managed to get a new one, and keep the faulty one. The guys there did a soft reset, a hard reset, and I did a restore of factory settings after updating the new iPad2.

I am now trying to 'fix' the broken one, as that would give me a second iPad. Is there any way of a full restore/repair/return to normality for an iPad which is not recognized at all through the USB cable?

Waiting anxiously for happy answers...

OP
S

steenmetz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems that on the Apple forum there are more like mine, and now I am sure it is not fall related...

I will file a complaint, and see... This should not happen with a $700 item, and I have had it only since Nov 17th...

Most reactions

Latest posts