What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps "waiting" app store wifi multiple devices

zulu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all, first post.

I had a problem yesterday with apps paid or free from app store "waiting" on my ipad2 screen. then after a while a "cannot connect to itunes store" even though I was connected via WiFi and logged into my account.

Now I restored my ipad normal and DFU mode as I thought JB was the cause.

But it turns out everything kicked in once my brother shut down his mac??? I did try a router restart earlier though.

Is there a know problem with multiple apple devices / itunes accounts logged in to one internet connection / router?

At the time 1 iphone4 / 2 ipad2's and a macbook pro were swtiched on and in use. once everything apart from the faulty ipad2 were switched off, that ipad2 seemed to work again?

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think it's a problem with your multiple devices as the App Store was miserably slow yesterday for me as well and timed out a few times. And I've only my one iPad connected to a router...

OP
Z

zulu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems ok now after the restore and my bro shutting down his macbook. He does borrow it now and again and have since found out he logged into his itunes account the other day to buy an app on my ipad.

Would using more than one itunes account on one ipad cause a problem?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It seems ok now after the restore and my bro shutting down his macbook. He does borrow it now and again and have since found out he logged into his itunes account the other day to buy an app on my ipad.

Would using more than one itunes account on one ipad cause a problem?

Only when you are trying to update the app. You'll need to log into the same account as the apps that need updating before they will.

Not sure how iOS 5 will handle this, but it will probably be the same.

Most reactions