What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD2 Keeps disconnecting during restore

danielsmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sons IPad2 crashed...I am able to get it into recovery mode and Itunes starts the process of restoration however, the Ipad keeps disconnecting so I end up getting a 4013 or sometimes a 4005 error message

I bought a brand new usb cable for it...done all of the updates...tried it on all of my computers...same thing happens "ka thunk" and then Itunes will say "waiting for ipad" but by the time the ipad reconnects its too late

Any way i can restore the ipad without itunes?

My poor little guy has autism and can't understand why Mommy can't fix it NOW!!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've already done everything else I'd suggest in your case, except for trying to reset the device and restoring it once more. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own (if possible).

Another method to restore the iPad would be to go to Settings - General - Reset on his iPad and erase all content and settings. This would set it back to factory settings. If it's not possible to do this, iTunes is your only option to get it working again.

Maybe this thread will help: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/t...-to-restore-the-current-version-of-ios.52863/

If this isn't working, contact Apple or take the iPad to the next Apple Retail Store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's sounding a lot like you've got a problem with the iPad's connection port. It sounds like a visit to an Apple Store (if you have one near by) is your best bet. Make an appointment. They'll check it out for free. Repairs will probably cost unless you're warranty is still active.

OP
D

danielsmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's sounding a lot like you've got a problem with the iPad's connection port. It sounds like a visit to an Apple Store (if you have one near by) is your best bet. Make an appointment. They'll check it out for free. Repairs will probably cost unless you're warranty is still active.
Way past my warranty but I spoke with the fellow at the tech shop that does my sisters work for her and he said the exact thing...that he thought it my be a problem with the port...so i'm hoping this isn't going to cost too much

Most reactions

Latest posts