What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 doesn't get an data-ip anymore

Winam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rene-photography.de
Hey folks,
My ipad2 doesn't get any data-ip anymore. A few hours from now i had one. After i disabled the airplane modus i don't get any data-ip anymore.

I even did a restart.

Can anyone help me please?

Kind regards winam

Sent from my iPad or IPhone using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try rebooting your router. Turn it off for a couple minutes, then turn it back on.

While it is off, go into you iPad settings, General > Reset, and reset all network settings.

When the router comes back online you will need to go to the network settings on the iPad and rejoin your network, so make sure you remember the password and security settings you chose before.

Reseting the router often works all by itself, so if you don't want to fool with the rest you can give that a try first.

OP
W

Winam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rene-photography.de
Try rebooting your router. Turn it off for a couple minutes, then turn it back on.

While it is off, go into you iPad settings, General > Reset, and reset all network settings.

When the router comes back online you will need to go to the network settings on the iPad and rejoin your network, so make sure you remember the password and security settings you chose before.

Reseting the router often works all by itself, so if you don't want to fool with the rest you can give that a try first.

Thanks, but i mean the data-ip not the wifi-ip. I can't find the option. It's simply not there.

I tried to modify the apn settings, but i can't find that menu.

My ipad 2 is running ios 4.3.3

Thanks winam

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the data-ip, but figure it must have something to do with 3G, since I don't have that.

You've doen a restart. Have your tired a reset on the iPad?

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

If it is a problem with the 3G service you may be able to get some help with your carrier. Sometimes when things get hay-wired they have things they can reset that will help.

OP
W

Winam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rene-photography.de
Ok, sorry for the late answer. The problem was that i tried that cydia app for making the ipad a real phone, but after deinstall i could'nt gonline anymore. I restored my ipad using a backup and everything worked.

Most reactions

Latest posts