What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 compared to samsung galaxy tab????

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We recently received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 free from our internet service provider (brand new). I was SOOOOOOO excited to get it and had never thought of wanting/needing a tablet before. As soon as we got it I decided I hated it so my husband took it over and said I could get an iPad2 (belated bday gift) once the new iPad came out. Well March 7th rolls around and I decided to preorder the iPad3 instead of getting the iPad2.

My husband has now decided he dislikes the Galaxy... it freezes up and apps crash constantly... is the iPad2 better then the Galaxy? I see that the Galaxy actually has more RAM but it doesnt seem to run nicely..... We shouldnt really get another iPad3 so would the iPad2 be a good choice or is he better off with the Galaxy?

Another Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the iPad2 better then the Galaxy?

Indeed it is :)

Its a sad fact of life that despite so many people developing the android o/s to do so many things... its still so far away from being as usable
as an ipad

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FunkatronJive said:
Hello Everyone,

We recently received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 free from our internet service provider (brand new). I was SOOOOOOO excited to get it and had never thought of wanting/needing a tablet before. As soon as we got it I decided I hated it so my husband took it over and said I could get an iPad2 (belated bday gift) once the new iPad came out. Well March 7th rolls around and I decided to preorder the iPad3 instead of getting the iPad2.

My husband has now decided he dislikes the Galaxy... it freezes up and apps crash constantly... is the iPad2 better then the Galaxy? I see that the Galaxy actually has more RAM but it doesnt seem to run nicely..... We shouldnt really get another iPad3 so would the iPad2 be a good choice or is he better off with the Galaxy?

What service provider do you use?? I never get anything free from anyone. Oh, a free wireless router from FIOS, but I already have one of course...

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Jeep Dawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go with the IPad 2, or 3 (New IPad) which ever, but do away with the Samsung Galaxy. I bought my wife one for Christmas, she took it out of the box, played with it for Literly 10 minutes, put it back in the box, and said "take it back". She said she'd just stick with her laptop. Just two weeks ago, I surprised her with an IPad 2, and she hasn't put it down lol. She Loves it and hadn't even ever played with mine. I say IPad, No Question.

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a copy cat can never do better than the orginal .. no matter even if it made in a galaxy far far away ..

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing two months ago and chose the iPad 2 before they announced the iPad 3! No thanks to there big tv advertising campaign to flog the last of the iPad 2s without hinting there's a new one out in two months. Still I've not looked back since iPad 2 came out its so much easier to use and the possibilities are endless and the support is much better with the jailbreaking community and the iPad forums.
Choose wisely..... :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go with the IPad 2, or 3 (New IPad) which ever, but do away with the Samsung Galaxy. I bought my wife one for Christmas, she took it out of the box, played with it for Literly 10 minutes, put it back in the box, and said "take it back". She said she'd just stick with her laptop. Just two weeks ago, I surprised her with an IPad 2, and she hasn't put it down lol. She Loves it and hadn't even ever played with mine. I say IPad, No Question.

Similar deal with my wife. She bought me my iPad2 about this time last year. I bought her a Blackberry Playbook, because she has a Blackberry phone, and I thought it would be easier for her to read her (on average) 5000 emails per day. I'm rarely off the iPad. She never touches the Playbook.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think there is much of a comparison. The Samsung tests out fairly well and probably has the capability to do some things better than an iPad. But, in real world use....it's not even close. If they ever get Android running smoothly on these tablets and can get the app support they might start competing. However, they are in such a hole that they may never be able to climb out of it no matter what they do.

I'm NOT an apple guy per say and I tried all the tablets out and did research. The iPad 2 was the easiest shopping choice I've ever made regarding electronics and/or computers.

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bunch of copy cat tablet makers but to bad apples to good of makers of devices for them to be copied

ellasnan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Come on guys. Are you all brainwashed by Apple?
I had a Galaxy Tab when they first came out and love it, I had an Ipad for my birthday two weeks ago and love that too.

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
Let me tell you why I went with the iPad2
Accessories, ease of use huge name recognition, accessories...lol

I had an Asus Transformer 101 it had better cameras front and rear, it had the same amount of memory I have now on mu iPad 2
It had a SD slot it had a bigger screen it had 2 speakers for stereo, but I did find myself wanting to use it much at all
I let it sit in the corner and just stare at me

With my iPad2 u use it much more than my desktop ( my awesome gaming rig I built )
As a matter of fact I am using it now and BTW my gaming rig has a 40" high def screen
Lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on guys. Are you all brainwashed by Apple?
I had a Galaxy Tab when they first came out and love it, I had an Ipad for my birthday two weeks ago and love that too.

Well, the OP was posting this question on an iPad forum that was created for iPad enthusiasts to gather and talk about the iPad.

Really, what other type of response would you - could you - expect? :)

I don't think it's brainwashing ... I'm pretty sure it goes in the "know your audience" category...

Marilyn

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
Mickey330 said:
Well, the OP was posting this question on an iPad forum that was created for iPad enthusiasts to gather and talk about the iPad.

Really, what other type of response would you - could you - expect? :)

I don't think it's brainwashing ... I'm pretty sure it goes in the "know your audience" category...

Marilyn

Yeah!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought my wife a galaxy 10.1 so she can enter online contests. She loves it! She tried to use my iPad, but because many of the sites use flash, she didn't care for the iPad. Since she has been using the galaxy, no problems with trojans/viruses/worms etc. on the computers.
My only issue with the galaxy is that it is difficult to print from since there is just one app worth the bother. But, it is a good app and it works well, just need to maneuver around a bit to print something. I like the iPad airprint function.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
drb_52 said:
I bought my wife a galaxy 10.1 so she can enter online contests. She loves it! She tried to use my iPad, but because many of the sites use flash, she didn't care for the iPad. Since she has been using the galaxy, no problems with trojans/viruses/worms etc. on the computers.
My only issue with the galaxy is that it is difficult to print from since there is just one app worth the bother. But, it is a good app and it works well, just need to maneuver around a bit to print something. I like the iPad airprint function.

Your situation proves that it will be a case by case basis for what works best for people. I still think in most cases, the iPad is a better tablet when all things are considered. But, If you visit lots of flash sites then by all means the Samsung is the better product.

Most reactions