What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube works fine on 3g connection but not on Wifi

mtuliomk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I got a iPad2 last week. When I run YouTube application on my iPad using 3G connection, the video works fine. When I run the same application using wifi connection, I got the message: this move could not be played. All other internet applications work well on iPad using wifi.

This problem occurs on my iPhone 3GS too.

When I access the same video on YouTube with my PC on the same wifi, it works fine.

Anybody else has facing this problem?

Regards.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people have posted similar issues.

In my experience it turns out to be a router setting. IOS devices seem to have issues with the "N" speed setting on some routers.

You should download the free speedtest app and test the speed on your iPad. You should get at least 1 mbit download. I get up to 20 mbit at times.

I recommend most people to turn off the N speed setting on the router and set it to G or B/G and retest with speedtest.

If that doesn't seem to make a difference I'd try changing the wifi channel from auto to a single channel and retest.

Let me know how this works for you.

By the way Welcome to the Forums!

OP
M

mtuliomk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Rog!

I am running the iPad on other WAN and the YouTube is working well.

You are right! Next week I will change my wifi configuration as you suggested.

Regards.
Tulio

Most reactions