What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad worth driving three hours round trip???

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um yes. Why not it's freaking 3 hours do you have something better to do. Well if you had an iPad you would lol. Do it if you haven't already!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three hours is less than 90 miles each way at highway speeds. 6-12 gallons of gasoline, so less than $30 fuel cost. So that leaves only whether or not you have three hours to spare. A long drive can be refreshing and there are other things that can be done in a large town. While there are many fine eateries in my town, I often will drive an hour to one of two cities for shopping or dining. If a person wants to buy an iPad, it is no big deal to drive that far and then celebrate with some good food and maybe a treat for the wife. It is better than sitting around, watching TV.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three hours is less than 90 miles each way at highway speeds. 6-12 gallons of gasoline, so less than $30 fuel cost. So that leaves only whether or not you have three hours to spare. A long drive can be refreshing and there are other things that can be done in a large town. While there are many fine eateries in my town, I often will drive an hour to one of two cities for shopping or dining. If a person wants to buy an iPad, it is no big deal to drive that far and then celebrate with some good food and maybe a treat for the wife. It is better than sitting around, watching TV.

lol Spend $30 to drive 3+ hours to buy a ~800$ toy, and maybe treat the wife to a $50 dinner? Somebody's asking for a b*tch slappin... lol

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We drive that all the time and think nothing of it. Three of my wife's sisters were down for a BBQ Sunday and the shortest drive they had was two hours. And my wife is always going to visit them. Every year we drive 2000 miles for our ski vacation. Often non-stop. We take turns driving and napping and make it in 15-16 hours.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um yes. Why not it's freaking 3 hours do you have something better to do. Well if you had an iPad you would lol. Do it if you haven't already!

I agree, I found that I have a lot less free time now that I have an iPad.
Also no need to go look at gadgets at Best Buy or the like since I already have the coolest gadget made.

So, Universal, did you go get it?

OP
U

Universal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, Universal, did you go get it?

Yeah, here's what I wrote yesterday. It got lost in the thread:

"Well, I did it...kind of.

My parents live about 20 miles from the store that had them in stock, so my Dad drove up and got one for me. I will get it by Thursday via UPS.

BTW, the Best Buy location is in Charlotte, NC - Rea Rd. location. They have several different models still in stock as of 4:00 PM today if anyone in that area is in need.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. This will be my first Apple product other than an iPod."

OP
U

Universal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI...UPS just delivered it. I'm unboxing it now. :)

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resisting the temptation to keep messing with my new one I got yesterday.

It'll be two months tomorrow since I got mine and I have a hard time keeping my hands off it, so I don't know how you could resist playing with one you got only yesterday!!!!! I use mine so much that I have to charge it twice a day!!!!!

Susan (from my iPad, of course!!)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at least my wife can stop calling my ATV my mistress. She hasn't started making nick names for my iPad yet... but it will come soon I am sure because it is rarely out of my hands.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resisting the temptation to keep messing with my new one I got yesterday.

It'll be two months tomorrow since I got mine and I have a hard time keeping my hands off it, so I don't know how you could resist playing with one you got only yesterday!!!!! I use mine so much that I have to charge it twice a day!!!!!

Susan (from my iPad, of course!!)

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I charge every night, but most days I can't quite make it til bed time without having to add a little charge. That's why I keep a charger in my living room too!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Congrats Universial!

Actually your solution was a pretty good idea... UPS may have been even a little cheaper than gas for the trip....

Enjoy your iPad!

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new iPad, Universal. I'm sure you're having a great time playing with it.

I use my iPad now for Payroll notes, etc. I can also log in to the work server with my iPad. When i come home from work, I play games and surf the Net with my iPad.

Just like the others, I can't put this damn thing down! :)

Most reactions