What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't Pair with my Motorola SP Headphones

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is Bluetooth 2.1, Motorola S9's are 2.0. 2.1 is backwards compatible.

My iPad goes on forever searching for a Bluetooth connection, won't pair with my S9 Motorola headphones. S9 works great with my Touch. Help appreciated - IM

Attachments

• MS9.jpg
    MS9.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 793

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth stereo headphones: We tested a number of stereo Bluetooth headphones; all paired quickly with the iPad and routed most audio—for example, audio from the iPod and Video apps, and sound from games—through the headphones. However, audio from the Skype app wasn’t routed through the headphones, and for those Bluetooth headphones that included a microphone, that microphone did not work with Skype or audio-recording apps. In addition, as with the iPhone, if your Bluetooth headphones provide on-headphone controls, the only playback control you get via Bluetooth headphones is volume level and a play/pause toggle. Here’s hoping iPhone OS 4.0—or, even better, an update to iPhone OS 3—finally brings us AVRCP, the Bluetooth profile that allows full playback control via Bluetooth headphones and speakers.

Bluetooth mono headsets: We tested the iPad with several Bluetooth mono headsets and were unable to pair with any of them—none even showed up in the iPad’s Bluetooth screen when discoverable. Former PCWorld Editor-in-Chief Harry McCracken had similar experiences. However, we’ve had at least one report from someone who did get a mono Jabra Bluetooth headset working with an iPad. We’re conducting further testing on this one. Update: A Macworld reader informs us that Jabra's recent mono headsets are actually A2DP-capable, so the aforementioned Jabra headset was likely paired as an A2DP device. Which would seem to confirm our suspicions that the iPad's software doesn't support the necessary Bluetooth profile(s) for standard mono headsets.

Maybe this will help.

Last edited:
OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog - Thanks for the article. I'm hoping OS 4 does the trick. Maybe someone in iPad land has had a working pair with the S9? - IM

zingervid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure that the headset isn't already paired with another device like your phone. I've had this problem before. Good luck

OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure that the headset isn't already paired with another device like your phone. I've had this problem before. Good luck

Thank y'all for your help and zingervid for the solution. Unpaired from my Touch and the S9 paired with the iPad - IM

zingervid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Making mistakes

I'm a retired video production teacher. Kids would ask me all the time ,Hey, how did you know that?"
I'd would tell them ,"By making mistakes!" It's the best lesson I could ever teach them.
Zingervid

OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zingervid - I'm a retired Aerospace Program Manager, pushin 70. Always encouraged my associates to do the best they could 'under the circumstances', and most mistakes were welcomed as part of the process. Please try not to make them twice :)

Technology Rocks, and thanks again for the solution - IM

Rafa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you solve the S9 problem? Mine says connected but will not play- the music comes
Out of the speakers. It is not connected to another device.

joevetter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is Bluetooth 2.1, Motorola S9's are 2.0. 2.1 is backwards compatible.

My iPad goes on forever searching for a Bluetooth connection, won't pair with my S9 Motorola headphones. S9 works great with my Touch. Help appreciated - IM
I had a great deal of difficulty getting my ipad to pair with S9 as well. Finally got it to work by shutting off bluetooth on my laptop and on my iphone. I also told my iphone to "forget" the S9. When all of this was done, I restarted the ipad and S9 headset and then my ipad saw them and paired successfully.

mapgirl1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to Pair Motorola S10 HD bluetooth headphones

An update to all the bluetooth chatter. I own an iPad2 with the latest OS. Just purchased the Motorola S10-HD stereo headphones (bluetooth). At first the iPad wouldn't recognize them, however, I reset the headpones to factory condition removing previous profiles. Viola! they connected. I hope this helps other folks, as I was about to box up the headphones and return them to WalMart. Also, the instructions included with the headphones say that you will need the bluetooth D670 adaptor for ipod...this may hold true for the actual ipod, but you DO NOT NEED to buy the adapter for an iPad2. I can forward through my music, pause, stop, play...fully functional!

OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mapgirl1974 - Cool, and my problem was that I had my iPod Touch on, competing with the iPad. Enjoy your iPad 2. I'm still happy with the original, but sooner or later :) - Best, IM

Most reactions

Latest posts