What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Frozen and Won't Charge

magicaldog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was using my iPad for class and the battery ran out. I went home to charge my iPad, and the apple logo screen appeared for about half a minute and then a brief flash of the unlock screen which quickly disappear and was replaced by the black loading screen. My iPad also won't charge from either its 10 watt wall charger, stereo dock, or via USB. I tried everything from rebooting (holding down home and lock screen) and to factory setting. My laptop doesn't recognize my iPad, and it won't undergo recovery either due to "error." I'm not sure what to do now, I feel like something is wrong with its hardware.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I was using my iPad for class and the battery ran out. I went home to charge my iPad, and the apple logo screen appeared for about half a minute and then a brief flash of the unlock screen which quickly disappear and was replaced by the black loading screen. My iPad also won't charge from either its 10 watt wall charger, stereo dock, or via USB. I tried everything from rebooting (holding down home and lock screen) and to factory setting. My laptop doesn't recognize my iPad, and it won't undergo recovery either due to "error." I'm not sure what to do now, I feel like something is wrong with its hardware.

I'm sorry if you have tried this already, but may I make a suggestion about a simple point you may have overlooked. (My points are often simple)

It may not be the hardware. In a normal reset/reboot of the iPad that is pretty much what happens. (Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears) NEED TO WAIT THEN, could be a while, until the iPad fully reboots and the slide on/off button appears. My point, keep waiting!
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So I was using my iPad for class and the battery ran out. I went home to charge my iPad, and the apple logo screen appeared for about half a minute and then a brief flash of the unlock screen which quickly disappear and was replaced by the black loading screen. My iPad also won't charge from either its 10 watt wall charger, stereo dock, or via USB.....

Just another question & thought - how long did you wait after using the 10W charger before trying to reboot/restart the iPad? With a completely 'dead' battery a 10-20 min charge may be needed before an attempt is made to use the device - if interested, checkout the Apple Support article HERE.

Good luck and please post back if this is helpful - :)

Most reactions