What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad wireless and verizon

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i read where the wireless ipad works with any carrier. that it is unlocked.

i seem to recall however, i cannot find the article, that a verizon ipad still has to be tweaked(or somesuch. i do not remember the exact phrasing) or that it's better to get a VERIZON IPAD than an UNLOCKED IPAD.

is this so?

OP
A

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, other than Verizon will finance it for you, if you want that. They also offer an insurance plan that you may or may not like better than Applecare.

so i can buy an unlocked lte ipad, say from ipad refurbished site, and i will have no problem with any incompatabilities

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine iswi(I only, and my carrier is Verizon. To use the internet where there is no reliable WiFi., I hotspot via my iPhoneX, and it’s awesome.
With my unlimited data plan, my carrier allows unlimited hotspot usage. I normally use it, like yourself, when I’m in an area with unreliable WiFi.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
I only have 5 GB, but my data rolls over, so I generally have 9-10 to play with. I was a hotspot for my iPad,and 3 iPhones the entir4 days of Labor Day weekend., and I used less than 1 GB total! I cannot turn the hotspot off, so I’ll run with it where needed.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The last convention I attended wanted $50 a DAY for mediochre internet......UH, NO.

We travel a lot locally staying at a variety of hotels from moderate to expensive - and still irks me that usually the 'expensive' places charge for Wi-Fi, unless you're on a rewards plan and/or the price is 'hidden' in the resort fee (one of our last hotels) - some more info HERE - leaving today for a short trip to Wrightsville Beach staying at the Holiday Inn where the Wi-Fi is 'free' (use a VPN in that case since the access is unprotected) - on our iPhones we have unlimited data (on a seniors plan), so in the future will setup a 'hotspot' if Wi-Fi charges are an issue. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We travel a lot locally staying at a variety of hotels from moderate to expensive - and still irks me that usually the 'expensive' places charge for Wi-Fi, unless you're on a rewards plan and/or the price is 'hidden' in the resort fee (one of our last hotels) - some more info HERE - leaving today for a short trip to Wrightsville Beach staying at the Holiday Inn where the Wi-Fi is 'free' (use a VPN in that case since the access is unprotected) - on our iPhones we have unlimited data (on a seniors plan), so in the future will setup a 'hotspot' if Wi-Fi charges are an issue. Dave :)
The last hotel I stayed at charged for internet unless you were a member of a free to join rewards plan. It took almost no time for me to join that rewards plan. BTW, it was an expensive hotel.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
It was in my hometown, and I didn’t stay at the hotel at all. Still $50 “er day! DragonCon was more,$100! I was not staying at that Hotel(Hyatt Regency)because the host hotels jack up the room rates for the weekend! I stayed out by the airport with a freind. In two separate rooms, and it was half the cost of the Host hotels!

Most reactions

Latest posts