What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad wired network

johnchen1@

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a ipad accessory that allows for wired connectivity if your location has no 3G or wifi network...but only wired network?

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have any computer with built-in wireless, such as a net book, notebook, etc and run Windows 7, there is a program you can get free, called Connectify, that will turn the computer into a wifi hotspot.

I dont have wifi, or broadband for that matter, but when I want to download something on my DSi, for instance, I run Connectify on my desktop, and connect through it. Works great.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome Johnchen1! Glad you joined us...

And Cherhall, that is an excellent tip......I learn something here every day....

OP
J

johnchen1@

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I was wondering if say...you are traveling with the ipad because it is so much lighter even more than the air...but some hotels in Asia do not have wifi...and 3G signal is just too slow in the hotel room...other suggestions?

thanks

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I was wondering if say...you are traveling with the ipad because it is so much lighter even more than the air...but some hotels in Asia do not have wifi...and 3G signal is just too slow in the hotel room...other suggestions?

thanks

The Airport thing connects to the wired network and transforms it into a wifi signal, plus it is small and light.

Thanks, Cherhall, for the Connectify tip, I also didn't know about that.

Most reactions