What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad will not connect to the internet

thomaswhittaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an iPad 64gb WiFi and 3G but it will not connect to the internet even if its connected to WiFi. I have reset the network settings, I have removed and re inserted the SIM, I have changed locations (due to signal).

The msg is "Safari connot open page because it is not connected to the internet" and "could not activate Data network".

I dont want to connect usng WiFi just theh 3G signal (which I have)

Anyhelp appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thomaswhittaker said:
Hi all,

I have an iPad 64gb WiFi and 3G but it will not connect to the internet even if its connected to WiFi. I have reset the network settings, I have removed and re inserted the SIM, I have changed locations (due to signal).

The msg is "Safari connot open page because it is not connected to the internet" and "could not activate Data network".

Anyhelp appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Have you signed up for/activated a 3G account?

OP
T

thomaswhittaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thomaswhittaker said:
Hi all,

Anyhelp appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

nope, how would I do that?

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thomaswhittaker said:

Go into "settings" then "cellular data". Follow the activate tabs etc. You will need your CC handy. It's $25 or $15 a month depending on your planned usage etc.

Cheers

Beacharchitect

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have trouble with my wireles connection. No problem with desktop, laptop, bluray or blackberry. I pad 2 has problems tho even when i'm standing next to the router. Loses signal easy too. Begining to think Ipad is a dud as far as an internet device.

Thad Broom

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beacharchitect said:
I have trouble with my wireles connection. No problem with desktop, laptop, bluray or blackberry. I pad 2 has problems tho even when i'm standing next to the router. Loses signal easy too. Begining to think Ipad is a dud as far as an internet device.

Thad Broom

Are both of you running the most current iOS? 4.3.3?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thomaswhittaker said:
Hi all,

Anyhelp appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

KJSmitty's advice is good if you are in the US (where we only have two providers with similar setups), but from your profile I suspect that's not true. ;)

I understand that there are a wider variety of options in the UK (if my pathetic knowledge of geography serves). You may want to call some cell provider do a little comparison shopping first.

Most reactions

Latest posts