What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad wifi jailbrake

motsco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that the 3G 4g iPads are the hot things, plus with rumors of the iPad 2 coming out, does this mean that the door is closing for jail braking the wifi only iPads?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to worry too much. There is noting to suggest there would ever be a jailbreak method for a 3g device specifically, and not for the wifi.
History tells us that the "old" devices are usually the easiest to keep jailbroken in the long term. For example, we know we have the limera1n exploit which cannot be patched on our devices. This at least gives the developers of the jailbreak a way to get through the door and start the process. For the iPad2 they will need to find a new method (or fingers crossed, shatter will work)

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wireless jb 3.2.2, would like 4.2 jb with printing untethered. What is my best option?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wireless jb 3.2.2, would like 4.2 jb with printing untethered. What is my best option?

You don't have a legitimate route to an untether at the moment unless you are a registered developer and have a mac and 4.2b3 blobs saved. If you fall into that category there is a beta version of redsn0w you can use. Otherwise you will just have to wait... Sorry.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You don't have a legitimate route to an untether at the moment unless you are a registered developer and have a mac and 4.2b3 blobs saved. If you fall into that category there is a beta version of redsn0w you can use. Otherwise you will just have to wait... Sorry.

That is pretty sad:( I use itether with my iPhone and don't want to loose that by upgrading. More so is there cydia app to make printing doable as in 4.2?

Most reactions

Latest posts