What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Jailbrake... Can you live without it?

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my first gen iPhone jail broken and unlocked for years. I loved it, but the upgrading was a pain in the rear, and I started to ask myself. Can I live without it? I have seen, on some of the forums, people saying the iPad 2 is "worthless" without the Jailbrake. I mainly want the Jailbrake for myself, so I can tether to my blackberry, which I need for business. Other than that I could probably live without it. So I ask.... Is it worthless to you without the JB? What do you guys think?

JadamPhoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea. The main reason I have the iPad is for my photography and using it to proof images during a shoot. I need it to be jail broken so I can create an ad hoc network from the iPad

OP
Madchiller

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JadamPhoto said:
Yea. The main reason I have the iPad is for my photography and using it to proof images during a shoot. I need it to be jail broken so I can create an ad hoc network from the iPad

That is a very cool use scenario!

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can live without it, but there are useful things that I would like to do with a Jailbreak. Such as install the full bluetooth stack for bluetooth GPS support.

TomyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SporkLover said:
I can live without it, but there are useful things that I would like to do with a Jailbreak. Such as install the full bluetooth stack for bluetooth GPS support.

Im in the same boat about the BT GPS.

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can live without it, but my iPad 1/2 as useful as it would be with JB, main reason no internet on the go without iBluever app which can tether to my blackberry for 3G internet...

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you already have a jail broken iPhone 4, with tethering..is there a point in jail breaking the iPad 2?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
briankeith513 said:
If you already have a jail broken iPhone 4, with tethering..is there a point in jail breaking the iPad 2?

Probably not, unless u have other reasons (i.e. accessing file system to transfer photos to external HDD on the go).

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
briankeith513 said:

Probably not, unless u have other reasons (i.e. accessing file system to transfer photos to external HDD on the go).

Thanks. Do you know of a list of things that can be done on a jail broken iPad? Was wondering if there was a thread or website article mentioning this. I haven't found much in my searches.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my 3G just so I could see the hype. Since the phone is old, the thing was too slooooow so I restored it. It was okay until I realized that you have to pay for those apps too and there seemed to be so much maintenance and stuff. I can live without it because I don't feel like it's for everyone. But people are always naming practical uses for it. Anywhere I go, there is wifi unless I'm in the car. No use for tethering. Don't need GPS, got one. It might be cool to set up s network with the iPad though. I just don't buy a 3G one.

I'm upgrading my phone to the iPhone 5 (when it comes along) so I'll get the hotspot service and be great.

Good luck with your decision.

Ps( I waited til my warranty was completely clear before I did it. Like 15 months)

Most reactions

Latest posts