What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Wifi Bridge conection

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arctic, if you do not have Internet access on your pc to begin with, connectify will not giv eyiu access. It is simply an app to share your pc's Internet not create Internet itself.

ArcticRed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Response to BrennB

Hi BrennB,

Thanks for the response. Aftre what seems hours of straining the grey matter, I have (using PC wireless) established an internet connection via the PC for the iPad.
A further question:
With USB connection, should iPad show on the PC as a connected device? Itunes recognises it and I can synch correctly.

Thanks,
Arctic

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It shows on the PC as a connected device so that "camera roll" images can be transferred to the PC. Even though the iPad has no camera it uses the same design as the iPhone--when you save a modified photo, with say PhotoShop Express, it saves it to camera roll. Same for things like screen shots.

Good job on getting the sharing to work.

Michael

ArcticRed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Michael,

I have checked for latest apple connect updates but it does not show as connected. Any further thoghts?

Regards,
Arctic

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Michael,

I have checked for latest apple connect updates but it does not show as connected. Any further thoghts?

Regards,
Arctic
OK I'm not sure what you mean by connected.... Do you mean in iTunes or in windows itself (where the iPad would show up in Computer/My Computer)? In either case it should show up and if not just reinstall the latest version of iTunes.

Michael

ArcticRed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Michael,
Thanks for the response and apologies for the vague post. I can connect to itunes and synch correctly but it does not show in the computer section of windows. I'm not sure how important that is though.

regards,

Arctic

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Michael,
Thanks for the response and apologies for the vague post. I can connect to itunes and synch correctly but it does not show in the computer section of windows. I'm not sure how important that is though.

regards,

Arctic
Ahhh OK. That is not really all that important. The only thing you would see is photos and images in the camera roll/Saved Photos. You might not even have anything in Saved Photos yet so perhaps that is why it is not showing.

Try this: from any screen press the sleep and home buttons at the same time. This will take a screenshot of the current screen and put it in Saved Photos (same thing as Camera Roll on iPhone). Then go into the Photos app and make sure it is there. It should be the first thing there.

Once you confirm you have something in Saved Photos, then try connecting to PC again... disconnect and plug back in if you need to. In Computer/My Computer you should see your iPad. Clicking into it should show any photos in Saved Photos so you can copy them to PC.

Actually before you get to that you should see a popup asking you what you want to do with the iPad. Choose to open folder to view files. You can turn that feature off, so the popup doesn't appear. I have it off because I find that annoying.

Michael

ArcticRed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Michael,

regards,

Arctic
Ahhh OK. That is not really all that important. The only thing you would see is photos and images in the camera roll/Saved Photos. You might not even have anything in Saved Photos yet so perhaps that is why it is not showing.

Try this: from any screen press the sleep and home buttons at the same time. This will take a screenshot of the current screen and put it in Saved Photos (same thing as Camera Roll on iPhone). Then go into the Photos app and make sure it is there. It should be the first thing there.

Once you confirm you have something in Saved Photos, then try connecting to PC again... disconnect and plug back in if you need to. In Computer/My Computer you should see your iPad. Clicking into it should show any photos in Saved Photos so you can copy them to PC.

Actually before you get to that you should see a popup asking you what you want to do with the iPad. Choose to open folder to view files. You can turn that feature off, so the popup doesn't appear. I have it off because I find that annoying.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks very much much for the info. As you correctly guessed, I did not have anything in the Saved Photos. It now works properly.

Thanks and regards,

Arctic

Most reactions

Latest posts