What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad went black

Flwrhppy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for about three weeks I was reading on it looked up at the tv for a min looked back down hit the home button for it to come back on and nothing just black !!! It was at 78% charged.. plugged it in nothing went to computer and saw a post to hold power and home button for 10 seconds it brought up the little white apple and seems to be working . My question is should I try to have it replaced with a new one or what is the deal with this ??? This is my first apple computer type product is this normal or a problem ?? Please help ...... :confused:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is normal if it only occurs occasionally. I recommend resetting it after downloading and installing apps or at least, turning it off, hold the top button until you see the red slide, slide it to OFF, and restarting it again. Just like your PC and Mac, they occasionally will ask you to reboot after installing a program, same with iPad, only it doesn't ask you to reboot for some reason. I guess they assume that all app are written perfectly and won't require a reboot. Right???

saxtoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I just used it and it worked normal, put it aside and when I wanted to use it again nothing happens. I have tried to hold the on/off button, charge it, etc. and nothing happens. Any good suggestions are welcome.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts