What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Vs iPad 2 : Which One To choose?

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breitling65 said:
2, 1 is total junk in compare. Just hold it in hands both first.

Are you serious? I guess we all have our own preferences but damn, to write off the 1 when you can get it for $329 seems a bit harsh over a few ounces. They weight is better on the 2 of course but it's not like it's a carrying around a laptop or something cumbersome or carrying around a big rock.

Lol, yeah, to say 1 is total junk is ridiculous. Obviously 1 is a great device, with the amount of sales, and the fact that there have been so many positive reviews and comments about the first one. To say iPad 2 is better than iPad 1, that's true and obvious, but to call iPad 1 junk is a stupid comment.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
briankeith513 said:
Lol, yeah, to say 1 is total junk is ridiculous. Obviously 1 is a great device, with the amount of sales, and the fact that there have been so many positive reviews and comments about the first one. To say iPad 2 is better than iPad 1, that's true and obvious, but to call iPad 1 junk is a stupid comment.

Heh, I concur! It is the honest to goodness truth that the 1 will have full support for a Loooooooooong time. Look at how long the older iPhones got full support. I mean I can't understand how so many think that the 1 is "trash". The price for a new one for one thing (refurbs are exactly the same as a new one in every way that matters). Also it is a very wise move to get the 1 one now and then wait for the 3. The 3 will have the retina screen for sure. That is one BIG thing that makes the 2 not a big deal compared to the 1. The 2 has the exact same resolution as the 1.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. Just because it's last year's model doesn't make it "junk", particularly if it's STILL better than the majority of current competing devices. To think otherwise is inane. ESPECIALLY if it's an Apple product. When was the last time Apple made any junk? You'd have to dig wayyyy back into the 90s to find something that you could call "junk" when compared to the iPad 1.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dropped by the local Apple store just yesterday and took my first look at the iPad version 2... If I didn't already have the one, I would have bought the two right then and there... It's so light and thin compared to the first model.. It's really noticeable.

I think I'm going to wait for the 3... I want a pad with 4G and hopefully whatever follows the 2 will be 4G capable.

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid is to show this stupid gif or whatever on each of you reply. What the heck is this?

Breitling65 said:
2, 1 is total junk in compare. Just hold it in hands both first.

Are you serious? I guess we all have our own preferences but damn, to write off the 1 when you can get it for $329 seems a bit harsh over a few ounces. They weight is better on the 2 of course but it's not like it's a carrying around a laptop or something cumbersome or carrying around a big rock.

Most reactions

Latest posts