What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad users Philippines

jwatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Present! I still have the original iPad. I will skip the "new" one, then get the 4th. I primarily use mine for web browsing, e-mails & Pulse, so even if the device is already old, it still performs well enough for my needs.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Present! I still have the original iPad. I will skip the "new" one, then get the 4th. I primarily use mine for web browsing, e-mails & Pulse, so even if the device is already old, it still performs well enough for my needs.

Jwatt--

Kumusta aking mga kaibigan! :)

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May bagyo ba? Anyway, do we have anything new in here? It'll be appreciated much to keep our very own kababayan forum open. Let's talk about anything. Mabuhay!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
May bagyo ba? Anyway, do we have anything new in here? It'll be appreciated much to keep our very own kababayan forum open. Let's talk about anything. Mabuhay!

What shall we speak about, Quake?

Favorite vacation places in the PI?
Favorite Foods of PI?
Upcoming Olympics? Any fellow PIs competing?

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be posting places that I've visited.
I don't know yet who's competing for the Olympics. It annoys me that our very own Commission doesn't support much of our athletes.
Hmmm, food, I think I will too.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be posting places that I've visited.
I don't know yet who's competing for the Olympics. It annoys me that our very own Commission doesn't support much of our athletes.
Hmmm, food, I think I will too.

Start a new thread for vacation spots! Will look forward to seeing that!!

I never see any Filipinos in the Olympics on Opening Day...

MikeeW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I now have a second iPad and am happy with the choice of the third generation. However, I noticed the emphasis so much more now on use of iCloud. Also, Apple announced that iCloud was "available" in a larger number of countries, the Philippines included. I have no particular interest in using iCloud as I am not much of a traveller and can do any of my synching right at home with my laptop.

I do understand the basic concept of iCloud, but not sure what it means to have it "available" here.

I use the US-based iTunes account for my apps, books and music. I have wanted to get some movies, but the download time has prevented me from trying. I use a rather slow ISP.

This brings me to my question. What is the benefit of having the iCloud "available" in the Philippines?

Does this mean when I register with iCloud I need to use a Philippine-based Apple ID?

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mike...I opened my iCloud account when I was living in the States last year and I now live in Europe. I am able to access all cloud-based data w/o having to create a Germany specific account. My thoughts are that it should be the same doe you.

Couple of things for iCloud:
Having it allows you to restore idevices w/o a computer or laptop. Having data backed up into the cloud makes the data available anytime. I back up my data on my MBP & iCloud cuz I'm that guy who will lose his data.
An icloud account is free so why not.

Hope this helps w/ your decision making. And hope it helped with the question about country-based accounts.

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

MikeeW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for such a direct and useful response. I still have some reservations about using iCloud. However, it is comforting to know that iTunes account (US or otherwise) is not an issue.

When I bought my newer iPad, I was away from home and had my laptop at home. I couldn't sync the new iPad until I got home a few days later. I realized that if I had used iCloud, I could have done a setup right away.

(I've lived in Germany and was in Moenchengladbach for a couple of years. Nice area and I enjoyed frequent travel to shop in Holland)

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikeeW said:
When I bought my newer iPad, I was away from home and had my laptop at home. I couldn't sync the new iPad until I got home a few days later. I realized that if I had used iCloud, I could have done a setup right away.

(I've lived in Germany and was in Moenchengladbach for a couple of years. Nice area and I enjoyed frequent travel to shop in Holland)

Now ur talking...that's a benefit of iCloud. And not just iPad but any iDevice.

I'm a quick drive up the A46/81 (i think) to Moenchengladbach. I follow their club on local tv. And I live in Holland but work on the German side....weird right?

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

rachelgutierrez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! Question... Yung company kasi namin is into game development. Sa tingin nyo ba if we throw a free pizza and beer launch party ng game namin tapos ang entrance is just show your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch madaming pupunta? :)

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rachelgutierrez said:
Hi guys! Question... Yung company kasi namin is into game development. Sa tingin nyo ba if we throw a free pizza and beer launch party ng game namin tapos ang entrance is just show your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch madaming pupunta? :)

Might join and No. Safety first, right?
Sounds risky bringing our Apple just to have a free meal. I think theres a better way to do this right.
I love the idea especially forum friends being there.
I'm glad to know that your into game development Rachel. Proud of you!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rachelgutierrez said:

Hi Rachel--Welcome to the Forum...it does sound risky bringing apple devices to a launch party event. Maybe think of other ways that would be as effective.

Please do review the Forum rules about app announcements and posting guidelines. Promoting your app is allowed as a 1-time announcement with all communications maintained in that thread. Posting beyond that thread will be considered Spam.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Most reactions

Latest posts