What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to sleep via cydia

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New member to this board and have a question. Just jailbroke my Ipad 1and I am trying to find a hack/tweak to put my ipad to sleep via using the home button or some type of on screen app. Reason being I am fiberglassing my ipad inside of my dash of my car and the top corner button will be blocked. So I need a way to put the ipad to sleep when I exit the car other than waiting 2 minns for it to goto sleep on its own. Also I did download the "activation" app but it doesn't have option to put to sleep only to turn completly off and that doesn't work for me because then I have to boot tethered to use JB apps.... Anyone have a solution for me?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the untethered jailbreak is out so you don't have to worry about tethered if you're jailbreak.
As for activator, just set it so a short hold on the home button will lock it. Easy.

OP
H

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I upgrade to untethered JB will I be able to sleep ipad or turn it off/on with using the top corner button? And yes I will post pics once complete

OP
H

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the untethered jailbreak is out so you don't have to worry about tethered if you're jailbreak.
As for activator, just set it so a short hold on the home button will lock it. Easy.

Disregard my last post, didn't realize ppl where posting while I was...

That's not exactly what I'm looking to do....I pretty much want the ipad sleep with the press of a button..don't want the ipad tp be lit up when I'm exiting the car because I will not be removing the ipad everytime I exit the car

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disregard my last post, didn't realize ppl where posting while I was...

That's not exactly what I'm looking to do....I pretty much want the ipad sleep with the press of a button..don't want the ipad tp be lit up when I'm exiting the car because I will not be removing the ipad everytime I exit the car

If you can get access to the power button through your car mount, then all you would have to do is press the power button once and the iPad would sleep like it always does.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats not what hes talking about.....

Sent from the Droid... The one you were looking for...

Gee, sorry. I guess when he said: "because then I have to boot tethered to use JB apps" I thought he was talking about booting a tethered JB device and if he powered down he would then have to boot tethered to use JB apps. Since he no longer has to do that with the untethered JB out, I thought I would be helpful and point that out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at this tweak in Cydia: QuickLock2. It's a free tweak and you get an icon to put wherever you wish (I have mine on the dock). One press of the icon and bam! The iPad is a sleeping baby. Then, to wake it up, you can do one press of the Home button.

So, you won't/don't need access to that sleep button. I've used it for over 6 months now - works a treat.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
H

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at this tweak in Cydia: QuickLock2. It's a free tweak and you get an icon to put wherever you wish (I have mine on the dock). One press of the icon and bam! The iPad is a sleeping baby. Then, to wake it up, you can do one press of the Home button.

So, you won't/don't need access to that sleep button. I've used it for over 6 months now - works a treat.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

This is EXACTLY what I need. I will difeniatly download that app once I get off of work. Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great, glad I could help.

And yes, please, do show us pictures when you're done. Your project sounds w-a-y cool! :D

Marilyn

OP
H

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Quicklock2 is PERFECT...the exact app I needed. Thanks again!

OP
H

hc3cuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pics as promised... Pics are kind of dark because i was still in my garage. Will have day time pics soon...

2011-12-31184017.jpg

2011-12-31155839.jpg

Awaiting Clarion EQ to fill in slot under Ipad and AC controls are being relocated to center console

Most reactions