What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Sleeping Mode Questions

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Smart Cover. Everyone knows that it puts the iPad into "sleep mode" (aka turns it off) when the iPad is covered. But it doesn't seem to be shutting off. Any suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Smart Cover. Everyone knows that it puts the iPad into "sleep mode" (aka turns it off) when the iPad is covered. But it doesn't seem to be shutting off. Any suggestions?

Further to DontUnderstandMyIpad's post, what do you exactly mean when you say 'it doesn't seem to be shutting off'? Do you mean it's not even putting it to sleep?

Tim

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Further to DontUnderstandMyIpad's post, what do you exactly mean when you say 'it doesn't seem to be shutting off'? Do you mean it's not even putting it to sleep?

Tim

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this thread! My iPad smart cover wasn't putting my iPad 2 to sleep lately. My battery has been draining completely with the smart cover on it. This has happened only over the last week or so. Before that, the sleep mode was working fine over the last 3 months with the smart cover on it. Mysteriously, the iPad cover setting has been "off". But I never set it to "off". Must be a bug!

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hpowders said:
I'm glad I found this thread! My iPad smart cover wasn't putting my iPad 2 to sleep lately. My battery has been draining completely with the smart cover on it. This has happened only over the last week or so. Before that, the sleep mode was working fine over the last 3 months with the smart cover on it. Mysteriously, the iPad cover setting has been "off". But I never set it to "off". Must be a bug!

Glad we could be of help.

Most reactions

Latest posts