What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad swing arm mount?

big_daddy_mpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey folks...new here but had "Paddy" since day one...my favorite use is bedside...and wondered If anyone had seen a "swing arm" mount yet for an iPad that would let one use it hands free in bed...by a desk, etc...?

vxbush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me, too

I'm interested in such a mount as well, although I'd like to have it for my son's wheelchair. Something that has an adaptable mount would be awesome (and by adaptable, I don't mean for the iPad end but for the end that affixes to the table, wheelchair, whatever).

Umdterps2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.vikrampant.com
Haven't really looked at it much, but check out modular (might be an a, but not sure). They are building an whole suite of iPad holders ... I believe a scrshot did show an iPad on a flexible arm off a wall.

vxbush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Modular?

I tried to do a seach for "modular ipad holders", but nothing is coming up that seems to match. Any other ideas?

vxbush

iPF Noob
Reaction score

vxbush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to do a seach for "modular ipad holders", but nothing is coming up that seems to match. Any other ideas?

It's Modulr...spell it that way and you will see something pretty damn clever. Comes out in the summer.

It does look good. I sent an email to the address on the website, and they said they are looking at creating a clip module that would work for a wheelchair. Unfortunately, it sounds like it won't be ready until June. If we decide to go ahead and get the assistive communication software for the iPad for my son, I'd like to do it sooner than then.

I am also in communication with a company called LandLoop, who seems to be selling products from Ram. These are mostly focused on mounts for vehicles, as I've listed above, but they seem to have other options. I'm investigating more by email. If folks are interested, I can post the results of my discussions.

Roypjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm interested in such a mount as well, although I'd like to have it for my son's wheelchair. Something that has an adaptable mount would be awesome (and by adaptable, I don't mean for the iPad end but for the end that affixes to the table, wheelchair, whatever).
Hi I just got through making an iPad Holder for my Girl friends wheel chair, I made the Holder then fitted it to the daisy parts, Work great now I am working on Jenn's Headwand, it work's.

vxbush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I just got through making an iPad Holder for my Girl friends wheel chair, I made the Holder then fitted it to the daisy parts, Work great now I am working on Jenn's Headwand, it work's.

Can you put together your parts list? And instrux for doing the same?

TARDIS Tara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wittylittleknitter.com
I'm using a modified Aidata copy holder with an adjustable waldo arm.

It's got a clamp at one end and a copyholder at the other, which I cut down with my chop saw and added a 1x2" shelf (on top of the wussy plastic one) with two screws.

I also removed the adjustable line guide and spring clip.

Oh, and changed out some of the nuts and bolts in the arm for more robust stainless steel ones with wing nuts (when I put something somewhere, it's supposed to STAY there).

I use this set up next to my recliner. I read ebooks while I'm knitting or lean back with the bluetooth keyboard in my lap for writing.

Most reactions

Latest posts