What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homemade Swing-Arm Mount For Headboard

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, here's a swing-arm I made for watching movies while laying in bed. Made it out of 2"x2" square wood, using an extra cover/stand for an Otterbox Defender case that my iPad snaps into. Charger is attached on the backside of the mount.

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 13,916

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well done.

Sadly my wife would try to kill me if I tried something like that...

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the original idea was my girlfriend's. Her idea was to use and arm from a desk lamp...I told ger it wouldnt support the weight and I came up with this.

eikozai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great!!!! I'm thinking of doing a mount on my car instead, but wouldn't want those china-ready-made with sucker cup version, it sucks as I got 2 ferns who got their screen cracked when it fail to support.. Lol!!! Might wanna do smth like this on my car!!! Gimme some idea.. Ur gf is so creative, help to thank her for me.. Hha

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
Sweet!! I'm working on a portable version using a flexible mic stand and iPad holder at the end so you can use it anywhere. Your version must be awesome for movies and the other person is right that would even be cool for a small flatscreen tv! You should patent it! I. Et bestbuy would sell it.

Most reactions

Latest posts