What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stuck at Apple logo, can't solve it.( I don't want to restore iPad)

CesarIsg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's has been a long story with my iPad 4 16gb GSM, I think it has motherboard issues, because it rebooted after 3 minutes or more and whenever I tried to update the iPad iTunes shows an error, (-1) and (-8).

When I tried to update the iPad without iTunes it went to Recovery Mode loop, I managed to get it out of reboot loop, and now it's stuck on Apple logo, Apple logo shows and afer few seconds, it goes black and wont back to the start.

It has ben a week of doing research before doing a useless post, but nothing seems to be working, I don't want to restore iPad to default, I have no backup, I have no even tried to restore, I took it to a place where they fix it and took it out of Recovery Mode loop, but I moved and I cannot find a place to fix it where I live now.

I've tried Updating with Recover Mode, putting the iPad in DFU Mode, holding down the up volume buttom after apple logo shows up.
I used ReiBoot to get out of Recovery Mode, it got me out of recovery but still stuck in apple logo, I don't know what else to try.

If some of you have any other suggestions I would like to hear it and I'll tell you if I have tried it.
Thank you very much.

P.S.
The place where they took the iPad out of loop, told me they could change my iPad motherboard and upgrade the storage for around 180-200 dollars, I might give it a try if nothing helps me.

iPad, iOS 9.3.1

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If neither Recovery nor DFU mode works, then it's almost guaranteed to be a hardware problem. The chances that you can restore the iPad is almost zero, but there is no point in avoiding it either. If the repair place changes out the motherboard you are going to lose your data anyway. The iPad's memory chips are soldered to the motherboard.

You'll be able to re-download most (if not all) of your apps, music, books, and other media purchase from the iStores. Since you don't have a backup, other content like photos, files, etc. are probably lost; unless you have copies elsewhere.

OP
C

CesarIsg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, thats why I want to be able to get the iPad out of the apple logo loop, to backup my files, but I can't find a way to get out of the loop.

Most reactions

Latest posts