What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad set-up to use FaceTime with iPhone

Clearlasmud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Bought my wife an iPhone for Christmas last year. This year she will get an iPad.
She is logged in on the iPhone with her Apple ID. I assume, for convenience, she will do the same with her iPad.
If I am away from home and using the iPhone, will I be able to use FaceTime to speak with her - with both units sharing her Apple ID and will she receive the same emails on both?
Silver surfer here and getting a bit confused with it all.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I suspect it will work fine. FaceTime uses email addresses or phone numbers, not Apple IDs, to connect with others.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Bought my wife an iPhone for Christmas last year. This year she will get an iPad. She is logged in on the iPhone with her Apple ID. I assume, for convenience, she will do the same with her iPad. If I am away from home and using the iPhone, will I be able to use FaceTime to speak with her - with both units sharing her Apple ID and will she receive the same emails on both? Silver surfer here and getting a bit confused with it all.
To use FaceTime on her iPad, she needs to login in Settings - FaceTime with her Apple ID, or create a new account there.
She can choose then which email address can be used to receive FaceTime calls.

She'll receive emails on both devices, when the accounts are setup on both.

And a belated:
Welcome to iPF!

Last edited:
OP
C

Clearlasmud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both. I think that sorts it, and thanks J.A. for the welcome :)

Most reactions