What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad "see" nas server?

alby750

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 can "see" lacie 2big network NAS server with daap service and Bonjour running?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this question, but I've moved your post to the Help section. I am sure someone will be along shortly to assist.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Marilyn

OP
A

alby750

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I can answer me... No is not possible!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
alby750 said:
iPad 2 can "see" lacie 2big network NAS server with daap service and Bonjour running?

Not sure if you mentioned if you were jailbroken but xbmc from cydia might help with that...it's free. Not sure if the app store version can though.
Are you referring to iTunes Network Share (DAAP)? which has its very own library sharing protocol, DAAP. XBMC can play all unprotected files, (ie. all files not purchased on iTunes Music Store, which can not be played in XBMC because they are encrypted with Apple's proprietary Digital Rights Management Scheme). To enable sharing in iTunes look under the edit tab, click on preferences, click on sharing and enable the sharing check box. To enable itunes sharing in XBMC edit the path of the source with the IP address of the PC you wish to connect to. It allows you to play audio files stored in your PC or MAC iTunes library. DAAP does have some limitations, including crossfading due to protocol structure.

Last edited:
OP
A

alby750

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MLPlayer or air player Are both app that works wery well for a NAS connection and AirPlay music remotely or streaming film. Great!!!

Most reactions