What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iPad to access local LaCie 2big NAS

mjf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get their iPad to access a local network attached storage device? I have a LaCie 2big that runs a LaCie Ethernet Agent on the PC and has something similar for the Mac, but I can't find a way to get the iPad to browse it and access the content. Frustrating as it has 500Gb of photos, music, videos, etc that would be great to stream to the iPad directly. Do I have to jailbreak to use this, and even then would it help, or is there something out there that might make the data available?

Cheers,

Michael.

morphisto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the app FileBrowser (works without jailbreak) to access my nas - works fine...

OP
M

mjf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, that seems to have done the trick. Downloaded the free NetPortalLite first (iPhone app) to check connectivity and it works like a charm. All the files are now available to the iPad - thanks a heap.

Cheers,

Michael.

morphisto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you are welcome - first i also tried the NetPortal iphone version from Stratospherix but then i spend the 3 bucks for their FileBrowser for ipad - same functions but better interface for the ipad :)

Most reactions

Latest posts