What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Reviews

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good posts Bob and Heaviside.
It's always interesting to hear how other users use their iPads.

For me it's major use is as a portable library with years of notes, papers and documents at my finger tips.
All the rest, such as streaming tv, streaming video, childrens games, photo albums and vpn etc. is pure bonus.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Opinions are like..............well, you know the ending, everybody has one.

I LOVE my iPad.
Hardly use my laptop anymore other than to sync my iPad.
It is light, easy to use and fun.

Some hate it and won't buy it. That is fine by me as thanks to that, I only waited six hours on launch day for my iPad 2. Imagine the line if haters became lovers?;)

avinhalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple iPad is so accepted, with a declaration of 1024×768, it has a apparently low pixel density compared to select top end smartphones. That supposed, everything looks fast and multicolored. The contrast and colors are extremely good. the brightness division is very stable regardless of the point of view.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, just to keep this thread current I'll post that thus far I like it. However, I do realize that isn't all it could be but it will certainly help kill the time during those long international flights and layovers. I'll post a review when I return from 30-day trip to Florida and Europe.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the iPad does have a few drawbacks I suppose although making a declaration like that would be relative to ones usage and expectations. I can't think of a finer, more versatile entertainment center than the iPad. I watch movies on flights, listen to music, read books, hurl angry birds at green pigs and play other mindless games, I read the local and international news on about eight different news apps. I send and receive emails and I converse regularly with friends around the world, I make international phone calls when traveling on business using the VPN features and the list goes on and on.... I don't think of my iPad in terms of "love" or "hate". It's a fantastic little luxury apparatus (there's a nice word for you) and frankly, I have become so dependent on it on a day-to-day basis that I can't imagine myself ever NOT using this or some future version of the same thing. Great little gadget! What more can I say....?

C

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obviously my iPad can't really fully replace my (3 year old, bulky, and heavy) laptop, but that's what it mainly does. I use my laptop as "storage" for things I take on and off of my iPad. I certainly don't think it's a toy. In fact, after a week of using it, I've noticed just how practical it is - I watch movies on it, I read the news on it (yes, I can do this on the internet on a computer just as well), I'm going to be typing up school notes on it. Yes, I check social media and play games on it, too, but it's definitely a device I don't regret purchasing!!

rhk111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rhk111.byethost14.com
Just posting my review of the Apple iPad 2, posted a couple of months ago ...
- Edited by moderator - no links to blogs......read the forum rules

Edited by Gabriel1

Last edited by a moderator:

dcdon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If only you were a Pilot, you would say it is the Holy Grail. Just one app (Fore Flight) does almost everything any pilot could would ever ask for. It even tells you all of the nearest airports fuel prices, and every bit of information to get there. Man, it is great. Gives the winds aloft "as you go". That in itself pays for the iPad, and the app on almost every trip.

I thank the late Steve Jobs and all of the hard working app developers. Kudos

blessings,
dcdon

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
Ok, so now I've had my iPad for 6 months or so. I certainly think of it as a valuable tool at this point. I've sold my Windows PC as well as two Windows laptops and am down to a nice iMac and my first generation iPad. I use it for everything. I carry a good chunk of my music collection with me to enjoy out of my apartment, my photo collection to show friends and strangers and my entire collection of 38 Kindle format books that I've read in the past 6 months since purchasing my iPad. I also own a Kindle. Obviously I don't do any creative editing on the iPad but then there's the iMac with Photoshop CS5 at home for that. Ditto concerning custom music playlists or burning CDs/DVDs. I use the ipad for appointments, lists of my prescription drugs, important contact information and directions on driving places. I have the basic wi-fi model but have no difficulty in the silicon forest area of Portland, OR finding a free connection. The extended battery life of the iPad compared to any laptop justifies the $400 price-tag I paid for the device. It is anything but a toy as I view it as a valuable tool in my daily life. I recently retired after a 42 year career as an electronics technician with my last 5 years of work going to making computer chips for Intel Corp.. I've been using and building personal computers since 1978 when IBM released their first PC. I may not be as smart as the originator of this post but I do offer extremes in the experience category. Oh, you may disagree with me at any time. :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so now I've had my iPad for 6 months or so. I certainly think of it as a valuable tool at this point. I've sold my Windows PC as well as two Windows laptops and am down to a nice iMac and my first generation iPad. I use it for everything. I carry a good chunk of my music collection with me to enjoy out of my apartment, my photo collection to show friends and strangers and my entire collection of 38 Kindle format books that I've read in the past 6 months since purchasing my iPad. I also own a Kindle. Obviously I don't do any creative editing on the iPad but then there's the iMac with Photoshop CS5 at home for that. Ditto concerning custom music playlists or burning CDs/DVDs. I use the ipad for appointments, lists of my prescription drugs, important contact information and directions on driving places. I have the basic wi-fi model but have no difficulty in the silicon forest area of Portland, OR finding a free connection. The extended battery life of the iPad compared to any laptop justifies the $400 price-tag I paid for the device. It is anything but a toy as I view it as a valuable tool in my daily life. I recently retired after a 42 year career as an electronics technician with my last 5 years of work going to making computer chips for Intel Corp.. I've been using and building personal computers since 1978 when IBM released their first PC. I may not be as smart as the originator of this post but I do offer extremes in the experience category. Oh, you may disagree with me at any time. :)

Nice post, Bob!

Most reactions

Latest posts