What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad remote monitoring

pilgreenal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I am having a hard time trying to find a monitoring app that runs on an iPad mini, I placed this here because this is a generalized search.

I am loaning out a few hundred iPads to students and I want to be able to monitor the iPads in real time but have yet to find a solution. Apple seems to be against this and all apps that could have done this have now been patched/rendered useless and removed from the app store. I have been told that I can install from my local network a monitoring app, hence why I am here asking for the community's knowledge.

First and foremost I want to be able to remotely view their screen while in class so that the teachers can make sure the students are playing games when they should be learning. Ideally the teachers will only have access to monitor the students when they are scheduled to be in the classroom.

This seems to be the hardest feature to find.

Second I would like to be able to get browsing and installed apps history, to monitor appropriate usage. (These are minors.)

And it would be awesome if it could remotely set the iPad to a single app mode to allow test taking.

I only want to be able to do these things while they are on my network, at school, and do not want the more privacy invading features that "spy" apps come with. I am even considering jailbreaking them, but only as a last resort.

Any input guys?

Most reactions

Latest posts