What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Pro restarts randomly and afterwards indicates a 1% battery status

kristina_me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my Ipad Pro Wifi 12.5" (2015) keeps restarting. And upon restart the battery indicates 1% battery status, and after 1 minute or so the indicator returns to the original state of battery. This happens randomly even when the unit is charged.

I already restored and updated the IOS and even reset it to factory settings. Could this be a battery problem? And can I have my unit replaced even it is already out of warranty? Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi my Ipad Pro Wifi 12.5" (2015) keeps restarting. And upon restart the battery indicates 1% battery status, and after 1 minute or so the indicator returns to the original state of battery. This happens randomly even when the unit is charged.

I already restored and updated the IOS and even reset it to factory settings. Could this be a battery problem? And can I have my unit replaced even it is already out of warranty? Thanks!

Hi Kristina - welcome to the forum - not sure when you purchased your iPad Pro but assume you are beyond the warranty (if you had AppleCare) - correct? Plus, you seemed to have done the usual efforts, i.e. reboots (using both the HOME & ON-OFF buttons) plus your restorations w/ no effect. At this point, you likely need Apple's help - if one of their stores is nearby, then setup a Genius Bar appointment; if not, then visit Apple Support to determine your options - just a couple of screen captures below showing some of your choices - good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)
Support1.png
Support2.png

Most reactions