What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Pro document

STEVE STAPLES

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning all, hope we are all well, i have had my iPad pro for a while now and have come across a sue for it at work, I'm a security guard and we have to carry out daily car park patrols and make note of vehicles on a paper form, this then gets given to my manager, every day ..its a lot of paper.

I am trying to work out a way of creating a document with all the relevant information on which we can edit daily, then send via email instead of paper format, but to be honest i have no idea where to start.
Could anybody help me in this matter?

regards
steve

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good morning all, hope we are all well, i have had my iPad pro for a while now and have come across a sue for it at work, I'm a security guard and we have to carry out daily car park patrols and make note of vehicles on a paper form, this then gets given to my manager, every day ..its a lot of paper.

I am trying to work out a way of creating a document with all the relevant information on which we can edit daily, then send via email instead of paper format, but to be honest i have no idea where to start.
Could anybody help me in this matter?

Hi Steve - welcome to the forum! :) First, can you possibly take a pic of the 'form' that you need to make our for each vehicle (of course, the data can be fictitious), i.e. I'm not sure if you simply jot down a 'note' for each vehicle on separate pieces of paper, keep the items in a database/spreadsheet form, or have a pre-made form that is filled out? Second, post the pic in your next response, if possible; and third, there may be a number of apps (some likely already on your iPad) that may be of use, e.g. Notes, Pages, Numbers, Evernote, etc.

Others will likely offer there own suggestions especially after understanding 'how' you keep and deliver this information. Finally, make sure that your supervisor is informed and gives his/her approval - and BTW, have any of your fellow security guards thought of this and/or has developed their own method? Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to get an app that lets you create your own fillable PDF forms. PDF Office by Readdle used to do this, but it does not seem to be available in the App Store anymore. The newer apps by Readdle do not have this capability.

I'm not sure what apps are available now. If a decent app can not be found on iOS, it may be necessary to find one on MacOS or Windows.

The best part of this solution is that the form can be made to look the same as whatever you are using now, and does not need any special software reader to use. Almost all the PDF reader and annotation apps have the ability to fill out PDF forms and email and/or print them.

Of course, your company has to sign off on this approach.

Most reactions

Latest posts