What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud can't open documents

lambertej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about 2 dozen icloud documents across pages, keynote and numbers, these have been working well across an ipad2, a snow leopard Powerbook pro and a Lion macbook (both chrome). However 2 of the earlier keynote documents now appear with their cover pages (so look normal) within icloud.com but will not download. On the ipad2 they appear as black/grey keynote icons and do not respond to any action.

One document I really could do with accessing again. All others look fine, all be it there are a few I would not want to lose in the same way. Is this a bug, am I missing the obvious or have I done something wrong? I did look into the folder where the documents are stored on the Macbook but could see nothing useful.

Any help gratefully received

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have about 2 dozen icloud documents across pages, keynote and numbers, these have been working well across an ipad2, a snow leopard Powerbook pro and a Lion macbook (both chrome). However 2 of the earlier keynote documents now appear with their cover pages (so look normal) within icloud.com but will not download. On the ipad2 they appear as black/grey keynote icons and do not respond to any action.

One document I really could do with accessing again. All others look fine, all be it there are a few I would not want to lose in the same way. Is this a bug, am I missing the obvious or have I done something wrong? I did look into the folder where the documents are stored on the Macbook but could see nothing useful.

Any help gratefully received

Try this:
on the Lion mac open one of the documents and save a copy of it any place, then also save and exit the original
Sing into iCloud on the lion mac and go to the correct program under documents
Drag and drop the original into the window, wait for all to complete the copy task
close and sign out of iCloud
wait about 5 min an open up the IOS device with 5.01 running on it
Open the program for the file you dropped in and see if it is in the cloud, wait for it to download.

Most reactions

Latest posts