What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro 2 12,9 Problems with charging

Dimasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad doesn't want to charge properly. When connected to charging, it first shows 100% than falls to 1% and in 1 second and turns off.
maybe someone knows what the problem is.
Thank you!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you try another charger?
@ Dimasia - welcome to the forum - agree w/ Jupiter7, i.e. try another charger and also another cable. Force restart the device (Directions HERE, along with other tips). How long have your had the iPad Pro and do you have AppleCare? Apple can check the status of your iPad battery over the phone (I've done this w/ an iPad and a MBPro) or at an Apple store, if easily available to you. Good luck and post back. Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It‘s possible that the software is the reason for your problem.

Force close your iPad:
Tap and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both buttons when it appears. Your device will power up on its own.

Do you use the charger and cable that came with the iPad?

OP
Dimasia

Dimasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens if you leave it connected to the charger for several hours?
Hello! If leave the iPad connected for charger for a few hours, it will turn on all the time, show 1% and turn off after few seconds, and so on all the time

OP
Dimasia

Dimasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ Dimasia - welcome to the forum - agree w/ Jupiter7, i.e. try another charger and also another cable. Force restart the device (Directions HERE, along with other tips). How long have your had the iPad Pro and do you have AppleCare? Apple can check the status of your iPad battery over the phone (I've done this w/ an iPad and a MBPro) or at an Apple store, if easily available to you. Good luck and post back. Dave :)
Hello, Dave!

I have already tried different chargers and cables, the problem does not disappear. I also did a force restart.
I have an iPad for about 5 months, I bought it used, but there were no problems.

Unfortunately, I do not have Apple Care

OP
Dimasia

Dimasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It‘s possible that the software is the reason for your problem.

Force close your iPad:
Tap and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both buttons when it appears. Your device will power up on its own.

Do you use the charger and cable that came with the iPad?
Hello! I already tried to force a restart, but the problem remained!

I bought an iPad without charging and cable, but I use the original charger and cable

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you‘re using an iPad charger. An iPhone charger isn‘t enough to charge an iPad, especially when the battery is as low as yours.

OP
Dimasia

Dimasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you‘re using an iPad charger. An iPhone charger isn‘t enough to charge an iPad, especially when the battery is as low as yours.
Yes, i use charging for ipad, but charger is 2013, maybe it also affects?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It shouldn‘t.
Just to make sure: Does your charger look like this

0E1BCCF5-A5D8-4899-AF6A-9AE8585CD39A.jpeg

(Charger for iPad)

or like this
096553BA-7750-49D5-A93B-8227D2686CAB.jpeg

(Used with the iPhone)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an Apple Store near you? They could run a diagnostic to find the problem. Usually, the appointment is free. If it has to be repaired, they will tell you what the price is.

OP
Dimasia

Dimasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an Apple Store near you? They could run a diagnostic to find the problem. Usually, the appointment is free. If it has to be repaired, they will tell you what the price is.
Unfortunately it’s no Apple stores near me)))0)

Most reactions

Latest posts