What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad printing problems

paul smith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My old iPad (iOS 10.3.3) for some reason prints photos in a strange orange/brown colour. I can print from an Android phone to the same printer with no problems, but my iPad always prints photos in this strange colour

As my iPad is unable to upgrade past 10.3.3, I'm unable to use canons dedicated printer app which requires iOS 12.

Does anyone know why it prints like this? Text prints fine, just photos print funny.

Any ideas to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Paul.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can’t think of any good reason for this.

A few things to try.

1. Check the printer manufacture to see if there is firmware update for the printer.
  2. Try converting the photo to a PDF and see if the same thing happens.
  3. If you have not done so recently, try turning off and restarting the iPad.
* I’m assuming that you are using AirPrint to print to the printer.

OP
P

paul smith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can’t think of any good reason for this.

A few things to try.

1. Check the printer manufacture to see if there is firmware update for the printer.
  2. Try converting the photo to a PDF and see if the same thing happens.
  3. If you have not done so recently, try turning off and restarting the iPad.
* I’m assuming that you are using AirPrint to print to the printer.

OP
P

paul smith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still shows the error after updating firmware, just to compound matters, have managed to borrow another iPad (again it's old so stuck on 10.3.3) and that prints out exactly the same! Have also used two printers and the orange/brown print happens on both of them!

Both printers are airprint compatible.

Does anyone know of a print app I could try downloading that is 10.3.3 compatible? Ideally, where I can try it for free to see if it works. The only apps I've found require payment to be made before I can try them.

OP
P

paul smith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm totally stumped. I can print the test photo from the lite app mentioned above ok, but can't print a photo from my iPad without paying for the full app. Don't want to do that unless I know it solves the problem. I found another free app that did allow me to print a photo from the iPad, and again that printed in the orange/brown colour.

Most reactions

Latest posts