What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 printing to a local network printer via wifi

Stuartkeenan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, probably answered else were but gonna ask in case someone has solved this problem, I've got my iPad 2 connected to wifi and a printer which is network cabled to another pc in the room, this pc has a wifi router connected to it and I am able to wireless print thou a laptop to this printer, is it possible to wireless print from the iPad 2 using this setup the printer it self does not have wireless capability I don't think the printer is a samsung cpl-620

Any ideas appreciated

Stuart

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll need an app on the iPad and on the pc to make your printer available to the iPad. You will also need to have the pc running when you want to print from the iPad. There are lots of printer apps available and ther may be one made for your printer from the printer manufacturer. Check out the app store and the printer manufacturer's web site.
If you decide to upgrade your printer, then I would suggest looking for one that is AIRPRINT compatible. It just makes printing from the iPad so much easier and they are not all that expensive.

OP
S

Stuartkeenan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pc attached to the printer is always on, I've got the app on the iPad from Samsung but unable to find the printer when searched in the app, u mentioned I'd need the app on the pc as well as the iPad??

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the samsung app. Just a quick read of the description in the app store though looks like the printer needs to be wifi. Your original post indicates the printer is wired to a pc.
Have a look here for some additional info. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/32260-wireless-printer-apps.html
I have Printer Pro on my Ipad and the helper app on my pc. It worked fine when I had a printer wired to the pc and still works with my wifi printer when I can't use airprint. They have a free version you can try.

knock2316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stuartkeenan said:
I'll give it a go,

Cheers

I am printing from iPad to HP 7510 AirPrint......prints ok but 1/8 of the calander I am trying to print is omitted.....like it is printing landscape in portrait......this is from a website......HP and Apple not able to help......tried to use eprint.....eprint seems to load the document but when I hit print preview I get a blank page.....then when I hit print a blank page comes out......HELP

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried to copy/paste into an editor like Pages where you can adjust the margins?

knock2316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
knock2316 said:
I am printing from iPad to HP 7510 AirPrint......prints ok but 1/8 of the calander I am trying to print is omitted.....like it is printing landscape in portrait......this is from a website......HP and Apple not able to help......tried to use eprint.....eprint seems to load the document but when I hit print preview I get a blank page.....then when I hit print a blank page comes out......HELP

Finally found the right app......PrintCentral......funny i tried this app...the pay version.....when i had my old hp7400 that was hooked up by USB cale....did not work.....had me entering IP addresses.....finally the 7400 would not work with the USB cable to my desktop....then i bought the HP 7510..,man

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you use the FingerPrint or Printopia app you only need the app on the computer. These apps let your computer emulate an AirPrint printer making it possible to print from all AirPrint capable apps on the iPad.

FingerPrint offers a free trial version so that you can make sure it works with your setup.

The free alternative, AirPrint Activator, also does this; but lacks all the extras of the paid apps.

All of these need to run on a computer that can access the desired printer.

Last edited:

Stressedtess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I have just done this. I have an Epson cx3900 printer not wireless, connected to my windows pc. I downloaded a programme called fingerprint, it has a trial version, which I have just tested. Works perfectly. I have now purchased the licence at a cost of $10.04 Australian. I am very happy, have been printing now no problem. Ps I have the iPad 2. I installed the fingerprint on my pc not iPad. It recognized my printer instantly. It was so easy. Just remember you need to leave your pc running.

knock2316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was impatient when the "printcentral" paid version did not work with the HP 7400.....so I deleted it in anger.....when I got the HP 7510 AirPRint I ended up trying the "printcentral" free version.....works great

OP
S

Stuartkeenan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used printer pro app today, first time printed doh!

Recommended as a solution try the lite version first to check it prints

Most reactions

Latest posts