What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pre-Order Shipping date changed again

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I pre-ordered (in Canada) it said delivers by 28 May. Until last night it said ships by 7 June. Now it says ships June - so it looks like the date is going to be moved out again.

I think it will be quite a while before the stores start being able to get hold of these to sell.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't really know until it actually ships out and get the tracking number. From my experience stateside, my iPad arrived a day earlier than what the tracking number stated through FedEx. Just a heads up if you plan on being off either day (before or on estimated day of delivery).

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine also arrived a day earlier than stated. Just keep an eye on the tracking status and you will know when it is at your Fed Ex station and when it is on the truck out for delivery.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really think ship times are going to get longer, now that the rest of the world has been added to the queue. They got back up selling a million here in the US, and the factory is apparently already working at full capacity. There's no way they're not going to fall behind after the 28th.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I pre-ordered (in Canada) it said delivers by 28 May. Until last night it said ships by 7 June. Now it says ships June - so it looks like the date is going to be moved out again.

I think it will be quite a while before the stores start being able to get hold of these to sell.

Stores will have them on the 28th as a certain amount were pre-allocated for the launch. It is how long before they are sold out that is the real question.

We now expect to see lines world wide outside Apple stores on the 27th and 28th.

alspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in Best Buy in Nanaimo yesterday and was informed that they will have a full selection of iPads available on Friday morning as will Future Shop. There is no expectation that there will be a line-up a the door on Friday morning as they have had very few inquiries about the iPad? I'll be picking up my iPad on Friday morning.

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet be be up early then on the 27th/28th (next week) in case the delivery comes early hehe. (UK)

Today like today would have been perfect for the ipad. 28C sunny BBQ in Garden and getting to no my ipad. hehe.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What model did you order?
I'm in Québec and ordered a 32GB 3G and I have a TN.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I ordered a 64GB WiFi - I already have a data package on my cell phone so i plan to use that and tether the iPad.

I checked my order status this morning and it says that it is preparing to ship.

magrat22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine still says "June". Colsgirl when did you order yours? I know when I was going to place my order it said June 7 then it changed to June when the order went through. Am a bit worried they're going to run out and I'll have to wait ages :(.

magrat22

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I ordered a 64GB WiFi - I already have a data package on my cell phone so i plan to use that and tether the iPad.

I checked my order status this morning and it says that it is preparing to ship.

I ordered the 64 GB wifi one too. Was looking to tether but I'm hearing that it's near to impossible to do with a BlackBerry? I'm guessing you have an iPhone or Android phone.

OP
C

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine still says "June". Colsgirl when did you order yours? I know when I was going to place my order it said June 7 then it changed to June when the order went through. Am a bit worried they're going to run out and I'll have to wait ages :(.

I ordered mine on the first day for pre-ordering when shipping said delivers by 28 May.

Mine was shipped late last night and now says:

May 25, 2010 8:41 PM
Picked up

SHENZHEN CN​

Most reactions

Latest posts