What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad only works with charger,battery is,NEW

mikesea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just replaced the glass,charger port,volume/power cable,antenna and Battery pack.For some reason,which I hope and get educated as to why,Ipad powers up with the charger ,but NOTHING from battery ,when cord is disconnected.In addition,I cannot get power from the USB ,therefore ,ITUNES does NOT recognize the IPAD.I have taken the Ipad apart ,checked,rechecked ,connections,tested battery ,and it has power.I'm positve the connectors to motherboard and battery are making contact.Can't imagine anything else,EXCEPT ,a bad motheboard??? Hoever ,I'm far from an electronics wizard,so,please,someone enlighten me. Thanks. Mikesea

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible you accidentally caused some internal damage that's not visible when you did your repairs. If you have a diagnostic done it will pinpoint where the problem is and will save you the time and trouble of replacing parts until the iPhone starts working again. If the damage is on the motherboard, you may want to consider replacing the iPad with a newer model as the iPad 2 is now as much as 4 years old.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try another battery. It is highly possible that your replacement battery is defective as the aftermarket ones do have a high defect rate. Also make sure that the screw holding the logic board to the battery is properly secured as they can get cross threaded.

Most reactions