What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not working with windows live

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works great on my iPhone. Doesn't on my iPad. What gives their support was of no help. Apple when will you fix this. I love my iPad other than this and I hate using their web email

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use it for the calendaring - when I want to add an appointment. (the iPad calendar app can show a read-only version)

I have the email setup in the default mail app, but you have to go and re-delete everything form another machine/web interface. I dont really use the mail account to correspond with anyone though, its just what I use when I need an email address to sign up for stuff.

I'm really tempted to drop it all for Google, but they are doing some cool stuff with the Skydrive and office integratioin. I kind of want to see where all that is going.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I maintain a personal website through Windows Live and in order to do any administrative tasks, you MUST use Internet Explorer. One of the reasons I bought the Atomic browser is because you can set it up so that websites think you are using IE6, 7, or 8.

WilliamOfOranje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go with Google anyways, Hotmail's got nothing on Google... less spam too; and you can personalize your settings.

Iowa_Sailor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exchange Issues.

I tried entering my hotmail account on my new Ipad 2. When the account is added, I get repeated requests for "Exchange Password". No password I know seems to work. Has anyone else seen this with hotmail? Any fixes?
Thanks in advance.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hotmail works #1 when you create your mail account you dont choose Exchange

You choose Other, enter your info and when asked make sure to take IMAP

Works #1

Reaction score
Iowa_Sailor said:
Exchange Issues.

I tried entering my hotmail account on my new Ipad 2. When the account is added, I get repeated requests for "Exchange Password". No password I know seems to work. Has anyone else seen this with hotmail? Any fixes?
Thanks in advance.

When setting hotmail up as an exchange account, have you followed the steps linked below and more specifically set the server to m.hotmail.com?

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/08/...d-touch-for-push-email-calendar-contacts.html

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works on my iPad. It shows all the Emails, but loading them is very slow and it doesn't sync well with the server. When I delete an Email from the app, it's still in the inbox in the website. If you only have one account, bookmark the Windows Live website, it's much faster.

Reaction score
AHA said:
It works on my iPad. It shows all the Emails, but loading them is very slow and it doesn't sync well with the server. When I delete an Email from the app, it's still in the inbox in the website. If you only have one account, bookmark the Windows Live website, it's much faster.

There are two ways to setup hotmail. One is as an POP account, which doesn't support syncing, the other is as an exchange account, which supports syncing.

If you follow these instructions, any email deleted on your iPad will also be deleted on the server:
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/08/...d-touch-for-push-email-calendar-contacts.html

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions