What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Not downloading apps independently

rlgriffo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 and my issue is when I download an app on my iPad from the app store on my the app will appear on my iPad but it will not actually begin to download if my computer is shut. When i open my computer the app will download and then it transfers across to my iPad. What I want to know is why my iPad is not downloading these apps without requiring my computer to be on? Thanks a lot in advance!!

Sprintina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be something to do with wifi sync being enabled. I haven't turned it on for my devices (iphone 4s and new ipad) but it seems that with wifi sync on, the device will continually auto-sync between itself and itunes (which would be running on a pc/mac) whenever the device is supposedly plugged in (and I assume on the same wifi network as the itunes machine). Will be interesting to confirm in any case.

ladynikon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works fine. Do you get an error message when trying to download an app without being connected to a computer?

OP
R

rlgriffo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey no there is no error msg. I will try disabling wifi sync and see how that goes.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure your are properly configured in Settings > Store to allow the downloads, and your iPad must be connected to wifi to allow the downloads. Even if you enable cellular download you will only get app below Apples size threshold which I believe is 20MB.

Most reactions

Latest posts