What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad no browsers are not working on IOS 14.6, 5th generation

papagym177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried Apple, Google, and Bing browsers on my iPad 5th generation with IOS 14.6 and I can't bring up any files at all. My internet connection is working fine. I have Amazon Unlimited Book and I can't seen to delete a book I finished yesterday. My WiFi is 5G and I have Bluetooth on. I've even reset my router and the network setting on the device.

Can I get some professional advice here, Thanks đź‘˝

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Let’s see if I understand what you are doing, because I’m not sure. You are using some not quite right terms, and I’m only half sure my guesses are right.

You are trying to read your Kindle Unlimited books in the web browser on the Amazon site. You’ve tried Apple’s Safari browser, Google’s Chrome browser, and Microsoft’s Edge browser. You can’t load new books, and can not delete (stop reading) the book you just finished.

If I’m right, I don’t really know why the book reader on the Amazon site i not working. I’ve never tried using it. Maybe Amazon has designed it poorly for tablets. The fact that it is not working on three different browsers suggests it is not just a browser glitch that can be fixed by clearing history.

My suggestion is to use the Kindle App instead. This is a far better reading experience on the iPad anyway. The description of Kindle Unlimited on the site says it will work on any device on the Kindle app; though I can’t offer details. I don’t have Kindle Unlimited myself.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh, on a side note. No professional Apple Suport here. We are just a group of iPad users that try to help each other out, and otherwise socialize. For professional help you’d need to go to Apple’s forums, or in this case Amazon’s help would probably be more useful. Just in case our suggestions don’t solve your issue.

OP
P

papagym177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let’s see if I understand what you are doing, because I’m not sure. You are using some not quite right terms, and I’m only half sure my guesses are right.

You are trying to read your Kindle Unlimited books in the web browser on the Amazon site. You’ve tried Apple’s Safari browser, Google’s Chrome browser, and Microsoft’s Edge browser. You can’t load new books, and can not delete (stop reading) the book you just finished.

If I’m right, I don’t really know why the book reader on the Amazon site i not working. I’ve never tried using it. Maybe Amazon has designed it poorly for tablets. The fact that it is not working on three different browsers suggests it is not just a browser glitch that can be fixed by clearing history.

My suggestion is to use the Kindle App instead. This is a far better reading experience on the iPad anyway. The description of Kindle Unlimited on the site says it will work on any device on the Kindle app; though I can’t offer details. I don’t have Kindle Unlimited myself.
There was a problem with my iPad, it didn’t upgrade properly. Don’t know why this happened. But it’s upgrades to v 14.7.1 now and the browsers are working fine. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts