What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 Browser Speed Results

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I much prefer Bing over Google simply because Google strikes me as the most aggressive harvester/seller of personal data. So I downloaded the Bing App yesterday. It is a gorgeous app that I enjoy quite a bit more than Safari or Chrome.

So here's the rub. While using the Bing browser it immediately struck me as a bit slower than Safari. I wondered if I was imagining this or if it was real. So I visited the Sunspider web site and ran their browser benchmark. My iPad running 5.1 iOS pulled a 10,139. I than ran the benchmark on Safari and pulled a 2,905. WOW! Over three times faster. Out of curiousity, I pulled up Google Chrome and Sunspider came in at 9,255. Faster than Bing, but still waaayyyy slower than Safari.

I suppose these results are not unexpected considering the considerable advantage that Safari must have over 3rd party browsers. But I am surprised at how large the gap is.

Most reactions