What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini with phone

Hear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an iPad Mini with a phone (Blue Tooth or similar protocal to hear/talk) is being planned? I would really like to see that so I don't need to carry 2 different products to communicate and otherwise function.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as anyone has heard, there are no plans to add phone capability to any iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums, Hear, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 291,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Splawkin19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can either carry around your iPhone with all your apps to it. You can also download a free texting/calling app called Text Me V2 to your iPad to turn it into a type of phone although Text Me does use Internet or data plan.

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but this might work. I haven't tried it, but it worked on my PC. I had a blue tooth dongle in my PC and had a blue tooth ear piece in my ear and loaded up Skype on my PC. Skype recognized the blue tooth and I was able to make skype calls. Skype is available for the iPad and the iPad has blue tooth, so maybe it will act the same. I have an iPhone and I'm covered, so it's something I just don't have time to try.

Last edited:

JEMPROP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talkatone

If you d/l Talkatone and use a Google voice number all free btw; now your ipad, ipod, or other device will have a cell connection. Granted mine is only wifi enabled but if you have one through your carrier you could use it as a phone.

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you d/l Talkatone and use a Google voice number all free btw; now your ipad, ipod, or other device will have a cell connection. Granted mine is only wifi enabled but if you have one through your carrier you could use it as a phone.

I just tried this and it works. The audio quality is a bit rough, but you can buy a subscription to make it better.

One thing I didn't like was that now my google voice number doesn't ring all of my phones. I kind of used this as my caller ID. Now only my talkatone rings on my iPad. So I think I'll try to remove to see if google voice goes back to the way it use to work. UPDATE: I was able to disconnect my main google number and reconnect it with another. I took awhile to discover it, because I needed to scroll a screen down further.

Last edited:

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a skype phone number that I use with my ipad mini all the time. Mini can make and recieve calls just like a phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts